Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Travel Trailers.....what brands to stay away from??

I'm looking for a nice used bumper pull travel trailer....something 5 years old or newer, and in the 22-25ft range.I've looked on CL,on rvtrader, and at dealers......I never knew there were so many different brands of campers. If someone told me it w...

imq707s by Explorer
  • 49 replies
  • 0 likes

12V Question

I just bought a used 2005 Starcraft Homestead 24RKS. I am not getting any 12V power from the battery except for a utility light in the storage compartment. The manual says there is a breaker right behind the front wall and also an inline fuse. I took...

Introduction to our new trailer project

After months of searching for a new project we found one right up our alley. And our alley is free. We ended up with a 1993 Jayco Eagle 10 pop-up. There's not much besides the frame, axle and wheels we'll be re-using, but it came with a title and ...

RVcircus by Explorer II
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Advice from Ford owners needed.

I thought I was getting everything I needed when I bought our dually. It's a 2001 F350 4x4 dually. Lifted, Bilstein nitrogen racing shocks, air bags, front and rear anti-sway bars. I just bought a Host camper and I'm swaying side to side and a good b...

truck campers weight distributions and payloads

I am looking to buy a 2003 Arctic Fox 860. It has a dry weight of 2984 but has a rear awning and air-conditioning and slide out.I have a 2007 5.9 dodge ram 3500 Cummins diesel Larami that already has air bags and enhanced springs in the rear. Not sur...

bazooka by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

5th wheel tailgate

Would like to get a 5th wheel tailgate for my 2106 Chevy 2500. I had one for the 2005 and used it consistently when towing. (Definitely do not want to back into this tailgate with a back-up camera installed $$$) I'm looking for suggestions on web...

salem by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Calculating TW from scale readings?

I weighed my rig today after picking up the trailer. What I didn't do was weigh it before hand. I did fill the gas tank up first. My front axle is 3000#, rear 3400#, and trailer 4480#, or roughly there, total weight 11120#. This is with a dry trailer...

Acdii by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

New PopUp

My wife and I have been back and forth trying to figure out what kind of camper to get over the last 2 years. Started looking at pop-ups, then went through just about every option all the way up to a 38' fifth wheeler. Finally made the decision to st...

First Camping Trip with Our New Diesel

Just got back from taking our new toy hauler and '16 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 68RFE camping for the first time. An 800 mile roundtrip to the Colorado River that included a number of steep grades and 107-115 degree daytime temps---obvious fallout from this S...

otrfun by Explorer II
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

Help with gas/ignition on fridge

Got my 12V power issue fixed so thank you all for that help. My next trouble shooting issue is the fridge. I have a Dometic Americana RM2652. I was not getting gas to the fridge but when I would turn it on I would hear a loud click followed by a seri...

Slide topper for rear Bed slid out

Some friends of ours just bought a new to them 2006 Keystone Outback 23RS with a rear Queen bed slide. The trailer is in excellent condition and looks to have very little use. They were asking if a slide topper was available for that type of slide ou...

Is my hitch correct

Last year was my first year with a travel trailer and wdh hitch. My dealer set my wdh with trailer empty but told me I may need to change links when loaded. The unit towed well,I got educated on how big trucks affect the rig,getting my self out of ti...

WDH with sawy control, best bang for buck?

I am going to replace the Husky I have that works flawlessly with my horse trailer, but not so much with my new TT. Since it is already setup for my HT, it does not like the new trailer, it sits too high(who knew the TT would be lower than the HT), w...

Acdii by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

olde timers help me out !

My grandson is putting a $1700 front bumper on his truck ! I giggled and said that my first new truck was a 1960 GMC that cost $1,600 , he said ' no way '. New trucks came with no spare and no back bumper . For sixty bucks more they had this new than...

Is there a QUALITY Travel Trailer still built?

I have new Keystone Cougar TT and I am sick of it.There is nothing about it that doesn't scream "I am going to break or fall apart in a few more miles"I previously had an R-Vision which was built 300% better than this,and previous to that a Fleetwood...

bbaley by Explorer
  • 108 replies
  • 0 likes