Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Tires - When to change

We have a 2011 Jayco 314 BDS that still has the original tires. We do seasonal, but also haul about 3-4 times per summer.Since we have got it, we have put about 15,000 km ( 10,000 miles) on the tires. They seem to be in good shape with no cracking, g...

rcp123 by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

Check the Water Heater Bypass Dummy!

I posted this on the Lance Owners Site, but though it might be useful here also:As I've mentioned in a couple of other posts I acquired a '95 Lance 880 recently and I've been fixing minor issues and testing the various components. I had not checked t...

jmcgsd by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

From truck camper to travel trailer

We are wondering about switching from truck camper(Lance 1040) to 23' travel trailer. Truck is getting older, 12 years, very good condition but we are planing a long 10 000km trip accross the country next year. Camper is very good for us outside the ...

pava5000 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Rented a Class A...NEVER again.

We crossed over to the dark side temporarily.....or are truck campers the dark side? I forget. Spent 2 weeks in a "very popular brand" class A that we rented from a local dealer here in Michigan. My mom has always wanted to travel in a class A so ...

Best Gas Truck 4 Pulling

Hello first time posting. I'm excited I just bought our first TT and excited to do some camping. My wife and I bought a 2011 Heartland North Trail 28' bunk house and pick it up on Wednesday. At the moment I have a 2004 Silverado with over load spring...

A bad day camping - accident on 91 S in VT

I was driving on Route 91S today in VT, near Exit 7 (near Charlestown, NH) and came up on the aftermath of a very recent accident. A newish Suburban or similar vehicle towing a travel trailer had hit the guard rail and the travel trailer had separat...

JimNH by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Rockwood Roo dinette question

Ok..I've been out there for an hour trying to figure out how to lower the table turning that into a bed..no luck..I am thinking to myself, "this can't be rocket science".. but dang if I can figure it out..I looked in the manual.. says nothing about t...

Electrical Protection

I currently own a Technology Research Surge Guard 30A portable unit that I plug into the park power.Surge GuardI just saw what looks like a similar product made by Progressive Industries that seems to get better reviews then the product I currently h...

egarant by Explorer III
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Roof Vent transfers too much light...

I have standard roof vents currently. When that sun goes in early AM, it shines on that white cover and it is way too bright in the cabin. What does everyone do to combat this? Are the vent covers the only good solution? I'd like to sleep past 5a...

RoyBell by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Leaving..............

After 12 plus years on this site I am hanging it up..I have truly enjoyed the input and stories I have read on here and will miss the trip updates. But my health doses not allow me to enjoy the traveling anymore. I will be putting up my rig for sale ...

NJ to Va Beach-Help

Heading to Virginia Beach KOA and the directions have us going through Delaware and into the Luis Pellman Bridge/Tunnel. Has anyone ever done this before? The other option is an hour longer and has us heading down 95 south towards Richmond then cutti...

cccougar by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes