Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

You are NOT going to believe this!!

I just ordered a complete Torklift package to outfit my new GMC for holding my TC. I called several dealers, checked the internet for pricing on:Super HitchTie Downs front & Rear4 FastgunsFastgun LocksI called Dyer's RV Parts @ 866-713-3429, Melanie ...

GeoBoy by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Dometic Manual Awning Travel Lock

About two weeks while opening my awning at home to let it dry out I broke one of my plastic travel locks. I looked online and then decided to stop at Camping World in Chattanooga to see if they had one. The only one that had was a square one, would n...

Issue with Hehr Screen door

Ever since I bought my 2008 Elite horse trailer with living quarters I have had problems with the slider to access the door opener on the screen door; it continually jumps off track and has to be replaced. It still has the 2 little tabs that hold i...

Casi by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Rate You Truck's Reliability - Heavy Duty Diesels

Hi Again,So I'm thinking the TC will likely be in the dry weight range of 4600lbs and used in full time conditions boon-docking variably.I'm planning "at least" an 350/3500+ series diesel dualy 4x4 (serious thinking about a flatbed with bigger truck)...

Bill001 by Explorer
  • 40 replies
  • 0 likes

Ford Offering F-150 Incentives

Read THISin the Detroit Free Press yesterday, which begs the question, why? After seeing the average price paid for a 2015($44100) one wonders if manufacturers are beginning to finally hit the wall with new vehicle cost. I read stories about increasi...

Replacing tie downs with talons

If things can go wrong it happens here. We are replacing our original torklift tie downs with the talons. The idiots that put them on when we bought our TC stripped about 4 bolts on front and back. :M We finally had to use a grinder to get one off....

lap527 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Glacier Park - Fire

If you are planning on heading to Glacier Park FYI. I know that I an staying home for a few more weeks, the smoke does me in.Incident UpdateGlacier facebook

Photomike by Explorer III
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

The $17,000 Repair of a New Aluminum F-150

This is a very interesting article about a repair of a 2015 aluminum F-150 that ended up costing $17,000 and took a month to complete. A guy goes through an automatic car wash when a piece of equipment falls on the roof. As with all rational human be...

Honda EU3000is and Coleman A/C Won't Work

I have a 2014 Jayco TT with a Coleman/Airxcel 13.5 KBTU air conditioner MODEL 48253C966. Reading on other forums I have found that this particular model was manufactured without a specific start capacitor. As a result, this unit will not operate on...

Leveling TT W/ A Large Slide (or 2)

Our last tt only had a 6' long, 18" deep slide and I never noticed any settling to the slide side after we were all set up, just the normal- need to snug all 4 scissor jacks up a little after a few hours/overnight.So with our new Jayco 32 BHDS having...

Window Shade Problem

My TT has the pull down accordion shades on the main windows. The kind where you push them up and they stay up. There are strings tied to wall anchors on either side.On our last trip a few weeks ago, the string on one side broke and the shade will ...