Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Water/snow weight concerns

I don't think it is an issue, but wanted to check.I have a tarp over the camper just to help with the weather. We have a first winter storm and we are expecting 3-5" of snow. The camper has the roof rack railing along the back side for whatever you p...

110V Hookup

I'll be visiting my parents this week and keeping the camper in their driveway to sleep in (COVID measure). I plan on running the heater and some interior lights but nothing else. Since I'll be using my adapter to go from the 30A to the 20A 110V hous...

Pipsfc by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Northstar 850 sc Electric roof lift

Looking for someone that has the 850SC with the electric roof lift. I have injured both shoulders, and most likely will no longer be able to manually lift the roof. Called North Star was advised there was no way to retro fit the lift in my camper. Fr...

Ford 7.3 vs GM 6.6 fuel economy TFL video

TFL just posted this video.For your entertainment. Spoiler alert, Ford lost.Ford 7.3 vs Chevy 6.6Honestly, I consider the test to be invalid and don't know why they bothered to post it. Apparently the trucks were tested on different days and even T...

Groover by Explorer II
  • 34 replies
  • 0 likes

Best for service work

Wondering who is the best Chevy dealer in the Chattanooga TN area to go to for service. I've seen Integrity Chevrolet and Mountain View Chevrolet. Anybody out there familiar with either one of those? If so which of the two is the best?

d1h by Nomad III
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

New Truck Buyer Needs Help

In the process of buying a Rockwood 2205S trailer, UVW 5004# CCC 1686# for a total of 6690#. Now, I need to buy a tow vehicle—properly equipped half-ton truck.Not being mechanically inclined, I usually buy new for the warranty, but new prices for tr...

Zero-G water hoses

Looking at water hoses for next season and making my Christmas list. Thinking about getting a Zero-G hose but not sure which one.Gray / Black "garden" hose says it's drinking water safe and it's 5/8"; more volume but more bulk to storeGray Zero-G Bl...

Ram 2021 questions

Going to get a new Ram Have a 2012 3500 Dually going to go to a 3500 crew cab 8 ft bed SRW, is the HO worth the 3 thousand upgrade over the standard cummins. I have the high output on my dually but torque is 800 # so is it worth it or not. Also ha...

djcjc by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Requirements for towing and setup of a TT 3500lbs or less

I have traveled over 100K miles since retiring in a Class A and thinking about downsizing to a small TT towed with a F-150 or equivalent 1/2 ton truck and have several questions. Would any special hitch be required like a WDH or any anti sway device ...

Gjac by Explorer III
  • 39 replies
  • 0 likes

Adding roof ladder to Palomino Canyon Cat

I have a 2015 Palomino Canyon Cat and love it. I have done some mods to her like 360 roof vents, new antenna, integrated stairs, etc. I recently saw the 2020 and 2021 models out that have a rear mounted roof access ladder. Does anyone know if ther...

Mystery squeak found

My '06 RAM is getting a little long in the tooth. Sometime in the last couple of months I started hearing a squeak coming from under the bed area whenever I got in or out of the truck or bumped against the bed. Today I crawled under with a can of spr...