Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Transport truck camper from NJ to Utah

I am trying to purchase a used truck camper in NJ, but I live in Utah - I would prefer to not drive the entire way to pick it up. Does anyone have suggestions for transport companies? If I could just get it to the Midwest, that would be a much shor...

Sjp3443 by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Keeping cool while boondocking

We leave for a 2 week trip on Friday. Our first night we are boondocking in a Cabela's parking lot. The problem is that it's going to be warm...and there are 13 of us in a TT. I keep thinking that there has to be a reasonable way to run a couple o...

Tarp or cover for winter storage

So can someone give an opinion/experience on a white tarp vs a camper cover for winter storage outdoors in NH? I heard the bad side of a white tarp is it traps moisture (id tarp just the roof & a few feet down). And it flaps and can cause damage. An...

Happijac alignment issue

Hello campers,I recently installed Happijac swing outs on a 2010 EC850. When I extend the jacks while unloading, the foot of the driver's side jack sits 1-1/2" closer to the rear jack than does the passenger side. I purchased the camper new, and I"m ...

nick_m by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotted today in Aloha Oregon

I think it might be easier to talk about what might be right as there is so much wrong on so many levels I don't know where to start.I could tell it was a "multiuse stop" as they got lunch at the Pizza place while I noticed one of them hitting the la...

mbloof by Explorer
  • 64 replies
  • 0 likes

Can my 06 Tundra tow this?

I'm interested in purchasing a Lance 2375 trailer and I'm wondering if my 2006 can safely tow it. According to the manual my truck can pull 12,100 lbs with a 700 lb tongue wt. My truck weighs 5000 lbs, with me in it and a full tank of gas. Which l...

Step tread adhesive?

The rubber tread finally came off. This is the one that you step on when it is hinged in the up position as shown in the images, it is on the bottom when in the in-use down position and that rubber used to half hang-on dangle down. I have tried ge...

d3500ram by Explorer III
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Draining the batteries

Hi I have a 2016 GMC 1 ton dually with a 10’ 2 northern lite camper .When I bought it I had the 7 way plug put into the box for power to the camper.I also have 2 - 100 watt solar panels with a 2000watt inverter.The problem is if the truck sits for 3...

diver57 by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

No Warning Tire Failures UPDATE

Was driving up in the mountains of AZ yesterday up to the rim when I heard a belt squeal like sound for a second and felt like a transmission shift. Watched the gauges, nothing abnormal, told the GF I would pull over when I find a spot to check unde...

towing capacity

Before buying a TT I need assistance in getting comfortable with what my vehicle can/should tow comfortably. I drive a 2013 Nissan Frontier SV with factory equipped tow package. Spec's state max tow capacity of 6,500. I understand the various terms...

Most dangerous states for pickups and SUV's

PU MagOK looking at that map the top tier of states are probably at or near the top of the lowest population states. Plus lots of people drive pickups in those states, so I suspect the stats are skewed because of that. Probably not a large number of ...

agesilaus by Explorer III
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

2016 Ram 3500. Issues?

Hi All,I'm thinking about looking at this truck:2016 Ram 3500I know it has a few outstanding recalls, water pump, transmission interlock, and a tailgate latch problem. Other than that, is the 2016 a good year for emission issues? Other problems?The...

Drew_A_ by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Tire wear in my Jayco 5th

Our Jayco Jay Flight is our 3rd 5th wheel trailer and we haven't seen this before. When we turn a corner, the rear axle wheel turns inwards until we are straightened out. This is causing huge inner tread wear on both rear axle tires. Only 2 years ...