Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Axle Weight Rating VS GVWR

New to TT's and RV'ing in general. I got to looking at my axles and they are 4500 lb (x 2) Dexter axles. The GVWR, as listed on the sticker of my trailer, states 9480 lbs. My question, is there an issue with my axles being rated for 9000 lbs and my ...

Anyone using Ford Pro Backup

I have 2017 F150 Ford Lariat and purchased a TT about a month ago and want to set up the Pro Backup system. The problem is that the LP tanks cover prevents putting the sticker in a position needed, anyone encountered this if so how did you solve?

Galena by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Portable Generator Solutions

I have a 19' Rockwood Eco Pro. I'd like to get a generator for camping off the grid. I want to run the A/C so solar is out as a solution. I'm looking at portable generators as a solution but I don't see any with a 30Amp outlet (even with 1800 watt ...

Battery Charger/tender suggestions?

Getting ready for the memorial day weekend, and we need to charge up the batteries. We have no power at the storage and no space near our house to plug in. Only options we have is to bring the batteries home to charge.So, what do you recommend to c...

voleball by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Half ton DD trucks

What are some real world MPG figures from you guys NOT TOWING? Ford 3.5 ecoboostFord 5.0Chevy 6.2Ram 5.7All with 4x4 Crew cab. It will be nicely optioned, leather, tech package, etc. Any gear ratio is fine. Im not trolling to start arguements. I am i...

srt20 by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Northern Lite truck camper or Cirrus 920

Planning on pulling the trigger on a new 2018 Northern Lite truck camper 9-6 or Cirrus 920 and want to know if anyone out there has any problems with them. The camper place says you have to have fast guns and an under camper bed mat for the warranty ...

djg by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

What's my hitch?

Hi, all.My future tow vehicle is a 2011 Silverado 1500 that we bought used from the dealer a few years back. I've been trying to determine what it can tow. It's got the tow package with a 3.42 axle ratio and heavy-duty cooling and other goodies, wh...

eliwoman by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

New Trailer

Sold my 2015 for about what I paid for it 3 years ago and Thursday I pick up our new Wildcat Maxx 28rkx. Looking forward to the roominess and comfort. Will be taking it out Memorial day weekend for its maiden voyage.

kirkl by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Ford Fuel Mileage?

The window stickers don't list the fuel mileage. I'm considering a brand new 2017 to 2018 "Work Truck" Ford F-250 Super Duty with the V10 engine and auto trans. ( The work truck series costs a LOT less than the regular line. I can get one out the d...

OkieGene by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Back From Storage

Picked up the PortaNobby today from storage.It was stored in a former dairy barn along with many other trailers, boats and cars.No mouse invasion.12.7 V on the batteries and 60PSI in all tires.After 6 months in storage during one of the crappiest win...

_1nobby by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Tire pressure monitors

I am wanting to put tire pressure sensors on my travel trailer but would really like to do it with Bluetooth. I don't really want anything else sitting on the dash. Any done this? This is the set I'm looking at and also getting the repeater to help w...

rrev by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

2006 Dodge Dually Brake Controller

I just purchased a 2006 Dodge 3500 Diesel Dually. I didn’t see a brake controller anywhere in the cab and I don’t see any controls that I normally see when it is built in. When I went to install the controller from my old truck I found the plug und...