Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Jayco vs. Kodak vs. Starcraft

Looking for some guidance and experiences on the 3 brands mentioned. We are long time tent trailer owners, who briefly (about 4 years ago) had a HTT. Shamrock 21SS. I loved it but the wife thought it "too big". We went back to a tent trailer. Fast fo...

Newbie -- Considering Hybrid Purchase

After many years in a tent, the wife and I are looking to upgrade to hybrid. Have been looking at Kodiak Express 172E, Jayco 16XRB, and Starcraft Launch 16RB.We'd love to get any feedback on these (or other Hybrids we should be looking at).

ricks99 by Explorer
  • 43 replies
  • 0 likes

f150 xlt good or bad?

looking at a 2013 f150 ecoboost 50k to replace my Jeep Grand Cherokee, I pull a 2015 Viking fq, weight is around 3800 hitch weight is around 400. Jeep does very good pulling just want a little more power, will the ford do it? what should I look for a...

Diesel Frame Guidance

Hi All,Another post about my upcoming upgrade to a diesel (most likely used). Looking at all 3 brands and wanted to ask about their frames. I know that Ford just went to a boxed frame (2017) but I would most likely buy a 2016 or a little older, Chevy...

How high is too high?

Looking for a more powerful tow vehicle for my trailer.F-150 with a 5.0 V8 lags on grades uphill.A Ram CTD 5.9 piques my interest somewhat.Where I roam, there is no ULSD available so one that requires that is out......hence an older (2006-7) Ram with...

Murphy beds

I am hoping someone might know if someone other than coleman makes a lighter trailer less than 4000 lbs with a Murphy bed. I really like the coleman but refuse to purchase from camping world. Thank you in advance.

Smithous by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Water pump in '13 AF 811

All, just came back from a drycamp trip..Filled up my fresh tank as usual and the water pump runs but nothing out of the faucets..Hooked up to city water everything is fine..hot water etc..put the winterizing hose in a bucket of water troubleshooting...

woodrow by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Question about Power Inverter issue

Hello so I've owned several different TTs and a 5th wheel so I'm pretty well educated on most of the functionality of different RVs. My cousin recently bought a used Keystone Springdale TT and the previous owner only used it for work camping on RV s...

What Size Wire 30amp

I would like to put a 30 amp RV plug on my garage. The service pole is about 80 feet from the garage. I was wondering was size wire I will need to support 30 amp service.

adding an outdoor shower

I'd like to add an outdoor shower to my TT, it did not come with one. Anyone who has done it, is it terribly difficult, what were some hiccups on the install? I think it'd be pretty close to my water pump and hot water heater. Is it pretty much jus...

Added 12V USB outlets

Finally pulled the trigger and ordered some. USB outlets were like $9 or $10 each on amazon. The 4 port gettup was about $22 complete. I butchered the wood a little in process so I will need to clean that one up. The 3 under the radio went in no ...

RoyBell by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Sirius radio antenna relocation

I have a 2017 F450 with a 2001 Fleetwood Elkhorn slide-in installed. I'm sure you guys have had the problem of blocking the Sirius antenna. I relocated to a new antenna mounted on the front grill and the top is about level with the hood. Antenna w...

Will this combo work?

We were thinking of getting a 2017 4WD Ford Explorer with the 3.5l V6 (not the twin turbo) and Class III towing package to pull a Winnebago Micro Mini 1700BH. But then I started reading around on here.The TT has a dry weight of 3000# and GVWR of 380...

matt_wi by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes