Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Awning Help!! Replace or repair?

We've got broken brackets on our camper awning. Two months ago, we had a bad tire blow-out that caused a bent axle, major repairs, etc., and we wonder if the brackets cracked/broke during the bouncy ride before we realized the axle was in trouble. ...

bent my differential cover -- plus fix

Bigger images are here.Bent the bottom of the differential flange. Without a rock guard, it was bound to happen eventually on some of the 'roads' I drive. Very minor leak though.Old vs newLooks like tank armorOld: ~1/16", new: 3/8" steelTest fitAfter...

cewillis by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Need honest opinion on TT choices...New vs used?

Need help choosing a TT. Here are the facts and what I think we are leaning towards:- wife, myself and my 7 yr old son- new to RV'ing with friends that all own Jayco Feathers/lite- looking to spend around $25k on TT- have Chevy Silverado 2500 to tow...

Thermostat for AC

First time we need to use AC. If I use the auto setting will the AC kick on once the temp in trailer exceeds the temp set on the thermostat. Not sure if we should just leave it run all night or try and use the auto setting

2016 Ram 2500 Unlevel side to side

I just purchased a 2016 Ram 2500 Crew diesel. When installing some Timbrens I noticed that the drivers side is 1 inch higher than the passengers side, from the frame to axle and from the ground to the wheel well. I called the dealer and they tried ...

WOW

I wish I had pictures of the unit I saw the other day. It was a Lance on a flatbed 5500 crew cab long bed. Drove by me on the highway when I was walking my dog. I can say it looks like someone knew what they wanted when they put this together. Woul...

Photomike by Explorer III
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Another overloaded truck pic....

Ya know, these guys that don't get enough truck to haul thier TC is just flat dangerous.....I saw this at the Packwood Flea market - the whole town of Packwood, WA turns into one big flea market on Memorial weekend and Labor day weekend.(The pic is r...

Tires and my truck,,,,,,

I'm looking for some opinions, I have a 07' Dodge Ram 3500 dually 6.7L Cummins that I haul a Cedar Creek Daydreamer (16.000lbs.) that i'm shopping tires for. Thanks in advance!Red Green: When the going gets tough, switch to power tools.

Hacked jeep vs a tag axle hitch

Recently some computer hackers showed that they could invade a jeep's computer and remotely operate things, in particular the brakes. The short wheelbase jeep has an anti sway control that operates the left or right side brakes unequally to make it ...

Tour1 by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Need your feedback on correct tires for Dually

I need feedback on what tires I should purchase for my 2001 Dodge 3500 DRW 2 wheel drive with 48,500 miles air bags and a diesel engine. I currently have original factory Michelin LTX M/S 235/85/R16 E load tires which I need to replace due to age of...

Matthew2 by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

1960s Red Dale Truck Camper Redux

We bought an old Red Dale truck camper for $350. It had been gutted. Some of the water damaged wood had been replaced. We stripped it down on the inside to the frame & aluminum siding. We're building it out to suit us. It's gonna be our off-grid...

novaop by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Exercise my generator?

Hi to all, I'm curious about this "exercising" a generator. Do I full load it once/month minimum and for how long? Concern here is it has been in storage all winter, never run so what is best coarse of action going into busy camping season? Enjoy you...

Passme by Explorer
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes