RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Redplacement Awning Fabric

My awning fabric is toast. I am looking for recommendations on replacement fabric and best place to order from. When parked at home the fabric side faces south so the sun killed the original fabric. Can I replace original with something that includes...

Katdaddy by Explorer II
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes

water stains

Over the years I developed a water leak from the front window and running lights, I've repaired them and now have a water stain inside by the front window. Is there anyway to remove or make it look better? Have been thinking of up grading camper but ...

Want to tow a vehicle

I have a Forest River Sunseeker Ford 450. I need some help please. Pretty new at RVing but know I need a vehicle as I'm wanting to leave campsites and explore. Yes I've looked at list of vehicles but just get more confused. I don't need a new vehicle...

Opinion question

going camping locally for a weekend this summer. Its becoming a bit of a tradition, a group of old co workers and our families. We all catch up and have a great time. Several of us have young children. opinions. closer to the other kids (thinking abo...

Jebby14 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

towing

anybody have any problems towing a car with a tow dolly or concerns, this will be my first time towing I will be using a 2006 four winds hurricane 33h to tow with

Towing Lincoln

Has anyone had any experience towing a '15 Lincoln MKZ? Any problems that you have encountered or difficulties?I am currently towing an '05 Dodge Dakota but would like to be able to seat more than 2 adults when we are traveling.Thanks!!

2nd A/C (Front BR) Selection

We're fixing to buy our 2nd A/C for installation in the front bedroom. Before anyone jumps to conclusions, our unit is 50A and pre-wired for the installation of a "ducted" unit in the front. We want to sanity-check this before pulling the trigger b...

WTP-GC by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

firearm question

Will begin traveling this summer, finally retired, and healthy!!This is a GENERAL question.....I prefer to travel weapon free, but feel it wise to ask the experienced rv'ers and campers......have you ever had a situation when traveling that caused yo...

Used tow base plates

I have been watching craigslist and ebay for a few months for an 01 Saturn SL1 base plate without any luck. Do they end up in the junk yard along with the car or is there a place that sells used tow parts?

Lakeplay by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Anyone switched from blue ox 1500 to 2000lb bars?

Due to the tongue weight on my rv I’m going to purchase 2k lb bars from my blue ox sway pro. Has anyone stepped up in bar weight? Does it significantly stiffen up the ride? To get the truck where it needs to be I have to engage 11 links, which pu...

DinTulsa by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Very Quick Jeep Wrangler question

On the JL jeeps with Selectrac 4 auto, is it still fine to 4 flat tow it? We dont dinghy tow, but we are looking at Wranglers, specifically the Moab edition, and you never know, we may someday end up 4 flat towing it. Thanks!!

srt20 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Air bed w/ ac pump needed

I have a 2009 Sunsetcreek by sunnybrook 299RE. The air mattress is in need of replacing due to multiple patches. It is an " Air Bed with built-in 120V AC pump"Any ideas???OR...has anyone replace air mattress with a memory foam for the rv sofa hide ...

tcpaint by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes