RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

How useful is a Toad?

I have a 2013 Honda CRV that is capable of being towed 4 wheels down.How many of you have a towed and what your thoughts are.

Wharfcat by Explorer
  • 40 replies
  • 0 likes

Good Sam Trip Planner - time to put your input!

Got a notice that Good Sam Trip Planner will go down April 10 for a remake.I used it only once but got frustrated. It's too clunky and devoid of good planner features.I faithfully answer GS survey. Remember, I want Good Sam to succeed and it's my g...

Greatest Weight You’ve Ever Towed

Just for fun......which “NO” criticism from those that have never had any violation of any law! Give truck year/make/model......Whether it was farm equipment, an emergency tow for just a short distance, move a trailer for a friend, or something you’...

memtb by Explorer
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes

real door locks

seeing as the door locks on most if not all rv's are junk. is there a better lock to lock the door?yes i know the door is not so great, and the door jam is dismal at best, then the walls holding it are (******).but just a better door lock is what i a...

packnrat by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Early Spring Trip to Olympic NP

Wifey got into some kind of trauma while I was driving over snowy steep roads in and out of Yosemite although it's nothing serious but those obvious small slip and slide over icy road.Planning an spring trip to Olympic NP. I want to avoid heavy snow...

Looking for a comfy chair..

So on our RV there are 2 1/2 of us. Usually, 1 1/2 of us is sprawled on the couch with dolls and stuff, leaving me no place to sit.Since I have to fit this chair through the door, I'm just wondering what others have done in this situation. I would li...

Rv back to Keystone for repair, anyone have experience?

It looks like my Cougar will have to go back to Keystone for major repairs on the floor and other issues.Has anyone had any experience with this procedure or know someone that has? I'm just curious what to expect from Keystone as far as time it took ...

2003 Honda Element

I need some info about towing a 2003 Honda Element...I have towed a 2007 Saturn in the past & I removed two relays in the fuse box that cut all the power the to car but the cigarette lighter, which was where I plugged in my brake buddy, not even the ...

Glad I was not camping

Last night it was 46 at my house and I had the heat pump running in my camper. I checked the temperature this morning and it was 64 degrees inside . Even tho I had the thermostat set at 72 degrees. The compressor just does not run long enough to m...

Be careful how you use GPS

GPS can be a wonderful tool. But, recently we had some instances where people were not using there head with it. We had a big blizzard. It got bad enough that the state of MN closed down the interstates and state highways. So then some people pulled ...

Safety issue ????

Just bought a new travel trailer and I find that the quick disconnect for the outdoor BBQ is stubbed out in the back of the wheel well subject to possible extreme damage in the case of a blow out. I know some would say to travel with the tanks shut o...