RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Seasonal RV Security?

I'm looking at purchasing a piece or property in a manufactured home park and using it to store/use my 5th wheel, and maybe someday a larger Destination Trailer. The spot I'm currently looking at is located in a vacation-ish town on the Oregon Coast ...

mtofell1 by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Need ideas for levelling

We go to visit my MIL at least twice a year and we need a better way to park at her house. We've been parking in her yard, but always have to worry about rain and if we'll get stuck and/or make a mess of it. Her driveway is pretty steep and we want t...

pasusan by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Effects of trailer brakes and sway

Picture this hypothetical situation: Tandem axle trailer, weight distribution/anti sway hitch, tongue weight 12.5% of trailer weight, trailer at or near (not over) max gross weight, trailer to tow vehicle setup correctly (in other words, all setup i...

Looking for a truck

Getting ready to retire in 2 years and plan on becoming full time rv'r. Looking to do it in a 5th wheel. Was thinking of getting a truck now, 1 ton, diesel, single axle to get the ball rolling. Truck I was looking at is a 2013 w/ 94k miles. I put abo...

Dawn Dish Detergent

If they used Dawn dish detergent to clean the oil from the animals and birds when the Deep Horizons covered the Gulf of Mexico with oil. Then why couldn't it be used to clean the sensors in our holding tanks in our RV's ? The price of a bottle is w...

Signing title, notarizing, etc., when selling RV in SC

I live in SC. I am working on selling our RV. I may have a buyer who lives in VA. I'll do my own homework with the SC DMV, of course, but I wonder if anyone can tell me now how to handle stuff like signing the title, getting anything notarized, wh...

Cherokee Tires replacing again

Purchased Cherokee November 2013After 41,000 towed and driven miles changed tires to Michelin Premier LTX in October of 2015Now tires are worn after 34,000 towed and driven milesSuggestion on new tires as the Michelin's cost me $800 in 2015 and not h...

Rv aluminum siding, best place to buy?

I have a new travel trailer project 1995 Komfort 17' tandem axle.I bought it as a project,, has a bad roof and will need some framing replaced. Some of the aluminum panels are damaged, and I was looking for the best place to buy aluminum siding.Am I ...

Atwood Heat Pump

During the summer I had a heat pump installed in my rv...I just tried to turn the heat pump on and cannot get it to run so I tried to turn on the furnace no luck there either....Now I am worried that we will not be able to get the gas heater to turn ...

Waxing trailer

We have a 2015 Keystone Cougar with hard sidewalls. I know there has been some discussion on this, but when I searched waxing trailer no results came up. I have oxidation on the front cap. I tried McQuiars cleaner wax which worked ok. The other 3 si...

Important Article from RVTravel.com

This article was posted on RVTravel.com today. It's important to read and be aware of when you're on the road. Traveling in our RV's is a wonderful way to travel and meet people, but there are dishonest people out there. Clear here to read article.

ReneeG by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

The general topic of crappy service...

I always worried that gripey people were just gripey...BUT, we bought a camper 15 years ago and 100 miles away. Needed some routine stuff, called a local RV place to be told, if we didn't sell it, we won't work on it.Ok, you won't be getting ANY of ...

K3WE by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes