RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Anti sway

I have used load leveling hitches in the past, and will continue to. But I am curious just what the "anti sway" controls are that all truck manufacturers seem to be claiming they have built in on their products. I asked a salesman and just got a shou...

Bent coupler pin

I have a travel trailer that weighs over 9000 lbs being towed by a 2500 hd Silverado. I noticed that the pin in the hitch coupler on the trailer is getting bent. It's a Master Lock locking pin. How and why would it bend?

rrev by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Volunteer Camp Host needed in North Carolina for May

Hi all,  My wife and I are now hosting at Lake James State Park in Nebo, NC. We'll be leaving at the end of April and the host that was scheduled for May has backed out. This is a one month commitment in a beautiful state park on a huge lake. We are ...

Permanent campsite in the woods

I have six acres of wooded land in Tn.that I am considering clearing a spot and putting hook-ups for a travel trailer. My concerns are animals getting into the camper, squirrels and such. I will only be staying in the camper about a week each month...

Parking in Nashville

I see lots of parking lots in the area around the Ryman Auditorium and the Country Music Hall of Fame. Are there any secrets we should know? Special lots? Places to avoid? Best times to drive in the city & find available parking? Also - I see meter b...

pasusan by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Mounting 165 watt solar panels

I'm looking to install my panels this weekend and I'm a little oncerned about how to mount them securely. My 5th wheel is a 1996 Coachmen with what seems like a tin or aluminum roof. I've purchased z brackets from Windy Nation, 6 per panel. Now I ...

Weight Distribution Hitch

Hello From LouisianaThe wife and I picked up our camper this past weekend. It's a Cherokee Wolfpup 18TO. We really love the floor plan and the extra room in such a small footprint. We have a German Shepherd and the extra space really helps. I wan...

Dead mouse or something: How to find?

Well this brand new RV has something dead in it. Subtle order in the unit if closed up, but comes out of the vents if I turn on the furnance.I'lve looked into the access panels I have access to. No luck. The return louver to furnace, doesn't show ...

Bill001 by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Tank Oder

I need some advice. We purchased a new travel trailer in Dec 2016. We bought this trailer to live in as our home is being remodeled. We are using the black and grey tanks in the trailer. After about 2 months of living in the trailer, we have noti...

Don't trust that Propane Leak Detector

Had a problem w an odor in my new RV (bought Jan 2017). Thought it was gas, but I was directed by various sources (professionals) to suspect a dead mouse. Headed down to New Mexico to enjoy warmer weather (little need for a furnace) and taking the ...

Bill001 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

2016 Tacoma

Does anyone here tow a 2016 Tacoma or know of someone who does? I am told there are some complications with the steering wheel lock and the hydraulic brake booster.Moisheh

moisheh by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Brake system power with Battery disconnected

I have a 2016 Ford Focus 2.0 L Hatchback, the dealer installed the StaY n Play Duo braking system. Unfortunately he did not install a battery disconnect, he insisted the brake would not work if he did.We know that we have to disconnect the black cab...

MS Streets & Trips download ??

When poking around the MS site I came across the link to download the trial version of S&T 2013.Since I already have it installed I didn't want to mess around, just in case.I wonder if it works and can be registered ??https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/...

Fizz by Explorer
  • 33 replies
  • 0 likes