RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

RV insurance

We are buying a new fifth wheel in Florida. We will be living in it full time and will have it delivered to the park we are living in. We will not have a truck right away to tow it with. Probably within the year. I called Geico (my auto insurance com...

bassin39 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Portable fire pit propane usage & models

Any suggestions for a portable propane campfire?Also, how much propane would I use per hour for a small one (like Little Red Campfire or Heininger 5995. I don't want to deplete the tanks...

Hunting cool.

So, I ran the TT up to the Blue Ridge Parkway this morning. Set it up, and will take DW and the GB up this evening. Julian Price Park. Our campsite is at 3450 feet. Just befor I started back down. The temp was 69 degrees. When I got to the bottom on ...

Overheating Toad!

I had a puzzling experience with my Ford C-Max Energi toad on the last day of my return trip from Yellowstone to Texas yesterday. After five hours on the road through the Texas heat (mid-to-upper 90s), we parked in a cement (i.e., not blacktop) mall...

Hello, Just joined the forum and am interested in the RVampingIve been bopping around the last 5 years visiting family in Ga., being a trail guide in NC, building buses and doing alot of fencing.Widowed with 2 grown sons both married and have 1 grand...

RhinoFlex Sewer Hose - Can you buy just the hose?

Made the mistake of leaving my Rhinoflex Hose in the back of my puckup...long story short it caught on the electrical chord hookup between my truck and fifth wheel and I drug it on the interstate for about 50 miles...So...I have all the fittings I ne...

Fresh water tank

How long does water stay "fresh" in a fresh water tank? Like many of my questions I know that there is no black and white, for an answer - just looking for opinions.With that, how often does everyone drain their fresh water tank and what is the best ...

mikemc53 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Pine sap removal from rubber roof on slide out

Have our 5er parked in a spot under a pine tree and noticed a significant amount of sap on one of the slides. Really don't want to drag through the seal before we leave next month. Suggestions for removal without damaging the rubber? Thanks.

Movin' on Up

Well, I can now proudly say I'm among the 3/4 ton crew. Upgraded from our 2011 F150 to a 2015 F250 with the 6.2L.I was never happy with how our F150 towed. Sure, it had plenty of power, but I was constantly trying different things to stop it from p...

Buzam by Explorer
  • 36 replies
  • 0 likes

Heads up if you use Aqua-Kem "toss-ins"

I changed to these early this year and thought they was the cat's *** but it turns out they are trouble! I have discovered that the "plastic bag" that is suppose to dissolve in water is not doing so and they are just dumping out with the solids. I ha...

Moped

Thinking about buying an electric moped, the kind you sit on and put your feet up on. I plan on carrying it with our 5th wheel. I am looking on the web but like most thing there are hundreds of companies. Are there any suggestions on where to buy one...

Ziphead2 by Explorer II
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

how to tighten the ball?

How do you tighten the ball of the sway friction control when ther s no hex on the ball itself? There's no way to counter tighten it?

Small leak around toilet, ideas?

Noticed last night I have a small leak, like a puddle 2" x 4" of fresh water at the back of the toilet (Thetford) Didn't see it earlier when I checked, and now it's there again..... Any suggestions before I tear into it? Tried to find something in ...