Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Air Conditioner runs but won't cool

We have a brand new coleman mach 8 cub and an rv comfort hc coleman mach 7330g335 thermostat. The AC fan runs on both low and high and responds to the thermostat but the air won't cool. For whatever reason the compressor won't kick on. I've checked t...

12V circuit breaker

My slide out has stopped working and I can hear the breaker tripping. My toggle switch was stuck on the 'IN' position, unbeknownst to me so the breaker had been tripping ever few seconds for about three hours. I know nothing about these but could a b...

Awilson by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Have heat not air why? But I had air before

Ever since I got the 5th wheel I have used my Air conditioner mounted in the ceiling and it has work fine. Last fall and again this spring I used the heater for the first time with no problem. Fired up, heated the 5th wheel just fine. This week I ...

huron52 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Whats with this strange looking Dexter brake adjuster?

I had a wheel brake assembly on the trailer making a metal to metal dragging sound so I pulled it apart. What I found was the adjuster spring broke which allowed the adjuster to fall out of position. Not much damage but the adjuster is toast. Stra...

KATOOM by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Class C under coating opinions and Thank You's

First off I want to thank all who answered my questions. Got most of my issues resolved and had a wonderful maiden voyage last weekend. (Especially Cloudriver who has a rig very similar to mine)Now for opinions. Has anyone used Fluid Film to underc...

replaceing converter jayco

Just wondering if anyone has ever replaced their converter? Looks like a lot of wires. when you buy a new one does instructions cover the removal of the old possibly? Any special tools needed? Thanks in advance for any help.

Waaaa - another leak!

So, I had to completely gut my trailer, previous owner did not know how to patch / fix anything... All corners were leaking, roof was leaking etc.So roof and corners all done, moved on to the front window in my '95 21 foot Dutchman. Resealed the fron...

laptop ac adapter HOT!!

Sorry if this has been asked before; I couldn't find anything doing a search. Also, I apologize ahead of time; I'm the least techy person alive.When charging my laptop in our travel trailer, the AC adapter (the black box) becomes very hot. Is this da...

ams1130 by Explorer
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

ATWOOD Water heater

Water heater spillage from pressure relief valve, emptied water tank. Is the pressure relief valve bad?:h

Shepherd by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Derating 24v Solar Panels?

I'm considering running two 250w/24v poly panels; tracked/pointed during spring/fall, and flat during the summer; thru the Tracer 3215BN 30a mppt controller. I can also get 200w/24v mono panels, locally, but would much prefer poly, seeing as I need t...

jrnymn7 by Explorer
  • 50 replies
  • 0 likes

Air condtioner wont come on

Have a 5er with 50 amp service. AC is a 15000 Dometic 11 years old that has only been used sparingly, not full time. The last time I used it I thought it was slow to come on but it did and worked well. Past week-end tried it and nothing, no compresso...

Weldon by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Does off mean off?

Sorry folks,really dumb question! Just installed a battery disconnect on a fully charged battery. Does the battery still drain when in the off position? If so, ballpark of how long-single 12v batt.Just replaced the battery-2 years old and having no d...

tbred by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Cold water mixing with hot water?

Hi, this is our first trip out this year. When we go to use the hot water, when we turn the faucet on, the water starts real hot, and within a few seconds, it becomes cooler, and the cold water is mixing in with the hot. It's Redwood 5th wheel, and t...

rheo1 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes