Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Major electrical issue

I have a 2014 Winnebago Vista. Last night we heard a loud sound and immediately smelled electrical burning. Best I can tell, a wire loosened, connected with another wire and.....meltdown. I haven't been able to find a new transfer relay switch on a S...

Flaky Furnace Thermostat

I have a Suburban gas furnace in my 4-year old 5th-wheel. The thermostat name on the front panel is "RVComfort.HP". When heating on propane only (that is, not using the heat pump), four times in the past two days the thermostat has changed the temp s...

Converter Panel "Latch"

The "latch" that holds my converter panel closed broke. The latch is similar to what is on the outside fridge panel. Plastic part that you just twist to open/close. I've tried some googling, but come up with nothing. Probably using the wrong term...

ICECO VL45 12V refrigerator/freezer review

My review of the ICECO VL45 refrigerator freezer is up on my web site with lots of pictures and initial testing. Hope you like it!http://rvbprecision.com/shooting/iceco-vl45-portable-refrigerator-freezer-review.htmlhttp://rvbprecision.com/shooting/ic...

Stabil or Seafoam for long term gas can storage?

First, I can't believe that this is the first time this question has been posed, but my search of the archives came up empty?!Anyway, which of these two products (Sta-bil or Seafoam) is better for storing gas for a long time in a can? And how long i...

Fridge Doesnt work on Propane

Just thought I throw this out to see if anybody has any pointers. I just bought a 1999 northland camper and the fridge works great until in needs to run on propane. The red check light comes on when you switch it to propane or its on auto and you unp...

kirkl by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Dometic Refrigerator Auto Light

Turned on fridge to cool prior to camping trip. Auto indicator light is yellow. I thought it should be green.If we turn to gas, auto light goes off & fridge will cool . If turn back to auto, the auto light is yellow again. We are plugged in at home o...

Accidentally plugged into 220v

So yes I made a mistake and wired the RV outlet into a 240v dual pole breaker at the house . The converter is toast . I have a keystone Laredo fifth wheel .I took the tv and microwave out and tested inside my house. They seemed okay. At the time of t...

Furnace running very hot...

So I have been noticing that my vent air has been notceably hotter. Like too hot.So I went to the furnace and put my hand on it. It is also too hot. It is not triggering the over temperature sensor.It is a 1 year old Attwood/Dometic 30k btu. The new...

Handle came off sliding window in my destination trlr

The handle came off the sliding window in our bedroom. It is not adhered but was held in place with compression?? and I can't get it to go back on and stay. There is a flexible rubber strip which goes between the metal of the handle and the glass.Su...

Sharp convection microwave

My Sharp convection microwave model r1870 is doing it again. After having it repaired twice professionaly and repairing it twice myself it is back to running 59 seconds and shutting down. Anybody know what causes this to continue. Just replacing micr...

Renogy 100ah LifePo4 Lithium - Max Surge Current

Renogy tech support is telling me the BMS on their standard (not Smart) 100ah LifePo4 battery will shut down the battery if the current exceeds 100a, period---that it has no surge capability like the Battle Born and Lifeblue lithium batteries. The B...

otrfun by Explorer II
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Charging electric car

With the continued proliferation of electric cars, I wonder if RV manufacturers are working toward a way my RV can charge a Tesla, or other electric vehicle, while plugged into shore power, or on the road while being towed...?Alternatively, can my cu...