Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

My generac diesel generator only runs with prime button

Diesel generator only runs with prime button held down model 004270-3.Oil level and coolant are fine as the breaker and 14 amp fuse. The thing that perplexed me is why it runs about 30 second after running after priming, it will run if holding down t...

artr1955 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Portable or Hardwired EMS?

To me it'd be a no-brainer to have a hard wired unit if we were full timers but we're not.Wondering if it'd make more sense to get an exterior unit considering:- We're weekenders - I can see where we might change out rigs sometime within the next 5yr...

Powertour by Explorer II
  • 35 replies
  • 0 likes

winegard carryout G3

I am considering purchasing a winegard G3 satellite system and would appreciate any comments as to its performance, ease of use and costs. Thanks

Solar power battery novice question

I recently purchased a Used Fox mountain by Northwood that has solar power using Go Power equipment. The control panel allows you check battery status by pushing a series of buttons to scroll thru it’s status. The panel directions say that it can ...

hmalaga by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Ideas for carrying/securing open framed generator

I purchased a new Champion 4000W generator yesterday and am looking for ideas of how to transport and secure from theft on my Gulf Stream 21 foot TT. I like the idea of having it on the trailer tonuge and saw that Camping World has a carrier that fi...

Power Jack Repair or Replace

I folded over the lower jack tube on my Atwood power jack while moving my travel trailer around with my skid loader tonight. Are these lower tubes replaceable or do I just buy a whole new jack? The model number on the front is Atwood Heavy Duty 860...

climb_on by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Furnace blower stops briefly then comes back on.

Atwood Furnace in 2008 fifth wheel: Blower motor stops for two or three seconds then starts again. I don't think that the furnace flames out (I don't hear a 'click'), but I'm not 100% on that. This happens every few minutes. My worry is that the blow...

RoyF by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Oil Filter area Leak on 1999 Cummins 360 ISC

Back in May 2018, I had RV Mobile Lube come out and service the Cummins 360 ISC engine in our 1999 American Eagle Class A, just as they've done every couple of years or so since we bought our coach in 2007.About a month later we left Houston on a 200...

Converter kaput need to buy better one.

I'm fairly sure my converter is kaput. It will not charge my 6VX2 Batteries and I want to go to two banks of 6V batteries. I did work for our summer 7 week trip.So how do you size a new converter. We have a 30amp system and want to do much more boond...

agesilaus by Explorer III
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Built in vs. Stand-alone GPS?

We are currently shopping for a new tow vehicle. Trying to decide whether or not we want to shell out $750 for a built in GPS. As much as I like having the built-in system and not having another screen on the dash, I'm thinking I could likely get s...

4 year old Forest River vent covers already failed

Trailer is a FR Stealth Toy Hauler. Believe its a 2016 and i got it used a couple years ago. I noticed the roof vent covers were already discolored, brittle, and almost looked furry when the trailer was only 2 years old. They developed small chips an...

wopachop by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Dash camera recommendations

I did a search... and only came up with 6 hits for "dash camera" on this forum?? That seems odd.Sooooo.... people experienced with dash cameras, what is your recommendation? Wife wants ideas for gifts, and I mentioned a dash camera. We just have ...

Tvov by Explorer II
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

2002 fleetwood discovery light bar

I have a 2002 fleetwood discovery class A motor home. Freight liner chassis , diesel. Our light bar panel (?) went out. So i can't see any displays-speed, fuel levels, warning lights, gauges, etc. I've had it at a truck shop who specialize in freight...

IOTA Circuit breaker Box

I have a iota circuit breaker Box in my 2003 Holiday Rambler presidential TT. I am looking to replace the single 20 amp breaker for a double 20th breaker. I am looking for information on:1. Where to find a manual on this circuit breaker Box.2. Wher...

DIVE2XS by Explorer
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes