Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Recs for Solar Cut Off Switch?

Looking for help finding some sort of cut off switch that I can mount on the wall inside my coach next to where the charge controller is currently mounted. Side note: I'm pretty much hemmed into putting the cut off switch next to the charge controlle...

Powertour by Explorer II
  • 41 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery/Converter Question

I want to take the battery out of my TT and connect it to a trickle charger for the winter. Is there any problem with leaving the TT plugged in without a load on the WCO converter?

rirish1 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Thermostats

I am trying to rig up a programmable 7 day t-stat to be able to have my heater turn on before I get home from work.I have a duo Therm Comfort Control t-stat in my 5th Wheel. I have 4-wires.Red= +12 voltsBlack=Green=Yellow=I found that I have 12 volts...

Samlex remote switch cord to short

I mounted the inverter very close to batteries but the cord (looks like telephone cord) is to short to reach inside of trailer where I would like it. Does Samlex have extension cords? Or is this cord exactly like telephone cord?

Solar: Add Anything to Copper Crimps & Tilt Angle for Panels

I'm in the middle of installing a solar system, and have a couple of questions:Heavy Duty Tinned Copper Lugs crimped onto Copper stranded wire -- Use any anti-corrosive or conductive grease type material in the joint before crimping it? Or better to...

crcr by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Solar panels

What size of solar panels are needed to keep battery charged for a few days of boondocking.

tbax46 by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

GP-PWM-30 OVER VOLTAGE ERROR

Been having an issue with my GP-PWM-30 solar controller for awhile now and am finally getting around to messing with it with having a trip coming up. As I understand the problem, I have and over voltage error, everything on panel is lit up and flashi...

Roo by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

WFCO converter for lithium batteries

My camper has a 55amp WFCO power center. I see a module on their website to change it over for using with LiFe04 batteries. I expect the battery monitoring system in the “lead acid replacement” type lithium batteries will protect them from the chargi...

noteven by Explorer III
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Yamaha Generator question

I'm brand new to using generators. A few months ago I bought a new Yamaha EF2000ISV2 generator. When I hooked it up to my travel trailer and try to run the microwave, the light in the microwave flickers and I can hear the sound from the microwave i...

Fuel problems

I have a 1986 Holiday Rambler Presidential! Will not stay running , I have replaced plugs and wires and distributor cap and rotor button both fuel filters and rebuilt carb,cleaned fuel tank replaced electrical fuel pump and cleaned out tank, replaced...

My Onan Generator is Vexing me!

Greetings all,I’m looking for some help here. I have a 2010 37’ Cyclone toy hauler. I bought it used last year and it’s been great. However I’ve never really ran the built in Onan Gold Marquis 5500. The thing was clean and I was always at a full hook...

Dometic comfort zone furnace turns off after 30 seconds

I have a 2018 voltage and the comfort air dometic zone control thermostat. Last week it worked well and now it won’t stay on longer than 30 seconds. I have reset it by turning it off and pressing and holding MODE and ZONE and then INIT pops up then t...

running fridge in cold weather?

Any issue I should be aware of if the OAT (unheated trailer) is 25°F? As the trailer warms inside, and fridge warms up, will propane automatically fire and start functioning?

philh by Explorer II
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes