Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Which Cell Phone Carrier is best in specific locations?

If both Verizon and AT&T show on their maps that they provide full 4G-LTE service coverage in an area you plan on visiting, is there a way to tell which carrier provides the stronger coverage? We're going to snowbird in Mims, Florida and both Verizon...

RobWNY by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

question about parallel generators

I have a 2300 generator that has a run speed of 1800 which is not enough to run my AC (30A). So my question is what is the smallest size generator I could use in parallel to bring it up to run the AC? I will be honest and say I don't know the AC need...

how to tell if i should re-coat my roof ?

hi this winter I bought a 2008 Keystone Everest ... There was lots of snow so I was not able to check the roof properly... And now that I'm looking at it I'm wondering its condition?Can someone help me evaluate and give me some more basic information...

nykolas by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Cabover/Euroloft Bed - Suspension Strap Broke

While driving out to the coast for the weekend, I heard a noise above my head and a part fell to the floor. The part was the plastic cover to the strap mechanism. The loft bed had dropped down and was dangling. The corner strap (looks like a nylon se...

Battery Draining...

Trying to figure out if my 1 year old camper just came with a **** battery or if something else is going on. We purchased our new trailer (Outback 325BH) last July. I noticed that if it sits for more than a week or so the battery is dead forcing me...

kfp673 by Explorer II
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Apparent Delamination/Water damage

I have a 2018 Coachmen Freedom Express 292 BHDS Travel Trailer. The other day I noticed a bubble approximately 6 in. wide by 14 in. tall a few inches below the window on the back exterior wall. My assumption is that water is somehow getting in at the...

Engine Reduced Power

We have 07 Winn Voyage on Workhorse W24 chassis. We arrived at CG. Turned off engine and unhooked tow car. When I restarted I got REDUCED ENGINE POWER warning and check engine light and engine running very rough, press gas pedal and no response. ...

TC_Z by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Is a neutral ground bond plug safe

This is just a curiosity question, I'm not getting shocked and I'm not planning on building a neutral ground plug.I read on here about hot skin issues where a person is getting shocked by their RV and it's usually because the ground is broken somewhe...

opnspaces by Navigator II
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Hydraulic Jack Help

2012 DRV 5th WheelLeveling jacks are lowering while driving.No apparent leaks. Jacks remain extended when lowered, but slowly lower when retracted.Trying to identify components and find a solution.Zoomed outThank you,Trent

Zazoos by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

12/24v Solar Controller --> 6v Batteries

Background: Purchased a used coach, came with a solar panel/controller setup that's connected to Two 6-volt house batteries. I got no paperwork for any of it but scouring the interwebs I at least found out what kind of controller is in place (a Chin...

RICH807 by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Dometic 15K A/C Blowing Warm/Hot Electric Smell?

Hey guy's,My Dometic 15K A/C is blowing warm air and has a distinct smell. I'm not sure if it's hot electric or not. Breakers are off! It is only four months old and I'm have a heck of time finding a mobile RV tech near St Louis. As most, I've had a ...

ENG2242 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Trailer brakes weak, a few questions:

32 foot TT, about 7000 pounds plus our gear and stuff:I've noticed the brakes are underperforming substantially. Got the gain on the Prodigy turned all the way up, when I grab the lever and throw max voltage at the brakes, all it does is slow the thi...

GFI trips when generator used

Onan 2500 installed in a 2017 Wolf Creek 840 TCI have a GFI outlet under the sink on wall with a reset button on it. It controls 2 other outlets, one outside by steps and one on the wall behind the kitchen sink. All works fine on shore power.When I f...

dhull by Explorer II
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes