Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Residential Fridges

I see a few posts about residential fridgesobviously running one in a campground is not an issue, but can you run one on the road or boondocking and for how long typically?I assume an inverter of adequate size is required(or generator) for road/boond...

Scissors Not Shears

The carbon fiber I use to baffle air inside electronic enclosures does not like quality shears. It likes scissors (.5 mm sheet).But it is tough on scissor sharp edges.Do any manufacturer make super quality scissors, like from Germany or Sweden? Wiha ...

Picture re-size for signature?

I only have a Chromebook and have tried everything to re-size a picture for my signature pic.Is there anything out there to re-size a pick for the picture that shows with a post and sig line?

Norcold shutting off - Fixed!

The Norcold N621L in our camper has worked relatively well since new for the past 12 years. After returning from a trip in July we left the fridge on while plugged in inside the shop. We left some condiments and drinks in there but nothing importan...

wnjj by Explorer II
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

2007 Winnebago Jack Problem

Purchased a 2007 Winnebago that had only been used twice recently. The auto leveling jacks will not work properly. I have had the pump gone through, replaced some wiring, the control board, drained fluids, etc. At the present time three are operat...

No TV Reception

I need help in figuring this out. When the tv is hooked up the the rv antenna and booster is on of off, I don't pickup any channels. But if I disconnect the coax from the tv, the tv will pickup channels. When I plug the coax back in, I loose the chan...

Happijac Issue -- Intermittent

We have Happijacs on our camper -- this past weekend, there were intermittent cut-outs when running the jacks up/down. This is the hand-held controller:The yellow light would come on almost instantly (instead of green), when the coiled cable to the ...

Question about solar panel specs

I wonder if some of you folks who understand solar power, controllers, and the like would mind having a look at the following specs. I'm going to get a 50 watt solar panel (& controller, etc.) for the roof of my truck camper to keep one 12 volt batt...

Parasitic Drain on Solar Power System

Hello. I have 3 100 amp hour AGM batteries in my HR. When I park the RV at storage, I first make sure that they are fully charged, then I connect them to a 50-watt solar panel on the roof to try to keep them charged. However, I have found that the ba...

setting voltage on controller

My solar panel controller has an adjustable voltage setting. I have it set at 14.1 volts. Is this too high or too low or about right?

mt1729 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Refrigerator Won't Cool Below 40 Degrees

A couple of weeks ago my neighbor purchased an older RV with a Dometic RM1350 refrigerator that holds the refrigerator temperature at 40 degrees as verified by a number of different thermometers. I'm wondering if one of the control boards is defectiv...

HarryB1 by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Converter Charger

Hi Everyone,I have a 2004 Winnebago Journey and recently invested in three new 12V AGM house batteries. The house batteries work great but my converter charger is too slow to charge them properly. I have a model 7455 Parallax 13.6 VDC, 55 amp charge...

bzp by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Wiring Ammeter with Shunt Question, wiring size?

Per the image, I'm wanting to connect the meter labeled as #3. I get that the blue, green, yellow and red wires are not carrying much current at all, so AWG wire size is not my question. However, what I'd like to know is what is it suggested for th...

WFCO price vs other brands.

I was posting on the General Rving forum and thought I might get more input here where there are more likely to be technical types hanging around.My WFCO WF-68100 converter just bit the big one a few days ago. I took a chance and ordered a PowerMax t...

fj12ryder by Explorer III
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Dometic DM2652RBX

My RV refrigerator quit working suddenly, so I checked out a few things before trashing it. I verified that the 120v side is working, and also the propane side. The tank heats up on both, but on 120v the over temp button trips. On gas it stays on, bu...

um56 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes