Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

My water pump quit

I am currently on a trip and my coach water pump quit. The coach is a 2003 Itasca Horizon. The pump does run but does not draw water from the tank. I did run a hose from the pump intake to a bucket of water and the pump will draw water from the bucke...

Air conditioner dripping

What does it mean when this starts?I've been cleaning my sponge filters regularly, which is all the manual says I should do.

Rmack137 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Too much electricity!!

We have an unusual problem in our 06 Fleetwood Bounder. We had it in the shop and the inverter was replaced because we weren’t getting power to any of the outlets running through it. I picked it up and only tested it on inverter and on generator powe...

tennille by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

1993 Onan 4000 generator

Hi allIn my class c I have a 4000 watt generator when I try to start it from inside I get nothing when pushing the switch ok next part When I go,outside and try to start it it cranks then fires up runs a second then shuts down did this like 8 times a...

Kebamo by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Water pump failure

Water pump has no power. Checked fuse and it is good. When I pulled the fuse the failure lite did not come on. Used a 12volt test light and it did not indicate power. During test the light came on flashing when I touched the right connector but w...

BJean by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery charger for 5th wheel batteries

I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't find it in forum search for the life of me.Our 5th wheel converter went out, so for a few days I've been charging the batteries from an automotive, 10 amp, battery charger. It's one where (supposedly) y...

jayspi by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Wrong type of upper vent?

My Dometic 2652 located in a slide has never cooled well. With the addition of fans I have been able to keep the refer temp around 40 degrees. All systems have been checked and properly serviced.Today I was looking at the upper vent. I noticed tha...

joshuajim by Explorer II
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Discrete Large Lithium Battery Control

This gets a bit involved so grab a cup of coffee.There are dime size discs that have been around for decades that shut off AC power when a certain temperature has been reached. Most are guaranteed for 30,000 cycles minimum. 30 amp capacity. One per c...

Tips For Drilling Stainless Steel

"Tips" does not denote authoritative last-word instructions, rather ideas that help folks who are first timers or frustrated second timers.Very expensive made-in-USA (Germany / Sweden) drills are worlds apart in effectiveness and durability than Orie...

RF Fridge to Samsung RF 18

About 3-4 weeks ago, we traded our 2004 Dutch Star DP and purchased a 2010 Newmar Dutch Aire Model 4304 DP from Motor Homes of Texas in Nacogdoches, Tx. It came with the double door SS Norcold 1200 series rv fridge which I admit is working relatively...

JC2 by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Replacing the hydraulic leveling pump?

Mine has failed and I need to do this. Lippert, tried to sell me the entire pump assembly for $2300, When I asked why they were not recommending replacing only the portion that had failed they were Hmm, ok, the part you actually need is $995.So I am...

Onan 5500 Marquis Gold Starting/Fuel issue

Hi Folks, I tried starting my genny and it turns over but won't catch.  As you see here: https://youtu.be/poj8uHhscpMI then researched the 36 code and started tracing a fuel issue.  I removed the hose that comes off the primer pump and you can hear i...

Freezer Cold/Fridge Not

I have a Dometic DM2652 RBX. The trailer is plugged into 120V and the freezer is near 0 but the refrigerator is not cooling down at all. It is in Auto mode, no gas connected. I do not see any obvious fuses blown. Any thoughts on why half the unit is ...

winegard traveler satellite problem solved

bought a winegard traveler dish for direct tv 5 years ago reception on sat 101 was 94 sat 103 75 sat 99 52 finaly got new arm and dish from winegard now sat 101 99 103 92 sat 99 94 very happy when looking at arm i can see it bent slightly can it be s...