Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Bad wind noise from truck door

Had my 2006 GMC 2500HD over 11 years. Have been sporadic times when wind noise from driver's door was very bad over about 50 mph. Could eliminate most of it by wiping door edge and rubber strip with rag. Now can't do it, and it's driving me nuts. ...

Airxcel seems to take forever to cool park model

I have an Airxcel model 46413-812, that's mounted under my park model, that's always seemed to take a long time to cool our 500 sq ft park model. It's a 13,500 BTU unit, so it's plenty big..The park model has skirting all the way around the unit and ...

Appollo microwave metal tray missing

Hi, our new to us 2008 Gulf Breeze has an Appollo Half-time/convection/microwave. The manual says that we MUST use the metal tray provided when using convection or half-time oven. We don't have that métal tray. By reading reviews from the past, I un...

Help! 1978 Fleetwood Flair - AC stopped working

My daughter bought an old 1978 Flair. We have been fixing it up and it's look great. Sadly, while it was parked and plugged in, her roommate ran over the electrical cord with the lawnmower, chopping it up and requiring it be replaced. They replaced t...

Whole RV Inverter/Charger

Not a lot of information out there so I figured I'd post here. If like to add an inverter for my 5er, mainly to limit inconvenient trips out to get the generators running for small things. One of the first things that comes to mind is the coffee pot....

Making batteries easier to charge. question

(When at house) Sometimes it is easier for me to charge batteries with 12 volt charger. Batteries are behind propane tanks hooked in series and in plastic covers. Pain to remove fiberglass built in tank cover and remove plastic battery box covers...

path1 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery or charger?

Sort of RV related since this is an electric bike purchased for carrying while RVing.I thought it would be fun to solicit some opinions and then I will tell what the manufacturer is providing under warranty.It has a 48v Lithium system.The battery see...

Cost of propane vs gas generator.

I have read a lot about the pro/con of gas/propane generators. I have an almost new champion 75537i 3100 watt remote start inverter gas generator. I am in the process of purchasing a used FW that comes with a built in Onam Marquis 5500 Propane gen...

TenOC by Nomad
  • 48 replies
  • 0 likes

The Ford ND Hairpin Alternator Performance Test

Very little online data concerning the hairpin alternators. OF primary interest is the performance curve -RPM versus amps output- Remember, the alternator is spinning an average 250% faster than the engine. I saw no reference as to this data reflecti...

TINKER TINKER Megawatt Rheostat

http://www.ebay.com/itm/25W-High-Power-300-OHM-Wirewound-Potentiometer-Rheostat-Variable-Resistor-US-/112486214189?nma=true&si=Ebj7LRFD9OznhPKS382NKfj9mTM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557Voltage setting resistors. With a multi-step si...

Electrical issues

I have a 2013 Cedar Creek 36BHS. Currently camped in Georgetown, KY. Started having issues with the refrigerator blowing no cold air but still running. Then, we had to change sites; started setting up, lowered jacks, extended slides then different...

First time with an inverter

Our Roadtrek has an inverter for the TV & DVD player. There is a switch to turn the inverter on and off, and the TV & DVD don't work unless the switch is on. So, even if we're on shore power we have to turn on the inverter to watch a movie. Problem i...

pasusan by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

two water lines

Got two water lines coming out of floor between the generator and gray water tank one of the lines have water dripping when hooked up to city water this is on 79 pace arrow do any one know how to make it stop hope I'm posting this in the right place

Parking Surface

Have a question concerning parking surface for motor home. Have a Class A, 36 Foot rig which I intend to keep at my house until next spring in order to do some work on the interior. After that, we will move to a storage lot. Issue is not a legal o...

Strange sound coming from Cummins 5.9 ISB

I have a 2004 Bounder diesel on a Freightliner with a 5.9 Cummins with 95K. About 3K or 4K miles ago, I started hearing a strange noise when I accelerate hard or I'm on the exhaust brake. Sounds like it is coming from the turbo. It is more of a whine...

lbond01 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes