Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

weight distribution

Looking at a travel trailer 20 ft long dry weight 2400 lbs do I need a weight distribution system according to the sale person I would not need one but a sway bar hook up.

Bumper air dams

Just wondering if some of you have an opinion as to whether an air dam serves a purpose, especially when towing . I have an older 95 Silverado that seems to have alot of heat that builds up in the engine compartment. The gauge reads normal , and i ha...

Backup Cameras

Hi. Just purchased a use 29 foot Jayco travel trailer. I'm looking to add a wireless backup camera. Has anyone used a good wireless camera. I'm thinking of using my android as the monitor. I was talking with someone today on using a POE IP camera. On...

basic261 by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Building your own TT

Thinking of building my own travel trailer. I bought an old TT frame I was going to convert into a car trailer. I've been thinking more and more that I should just by a car hauler and build a TT on this frame. The frame has a 18' deck, which is what ...

Hard shifting

I have a new problem with my 03 Chevy 2500HD. The new 4L80E transmission and transfer case appeared to be working well until this morning. I slowed down in traffic after driving 35 miles and when I went to speed up the truck jerked a little and slamm...

weight on front axle

I'm 100 miles RT to a cat scale and a local Van & Storage has a scale, the problem i'm finding is I asked if they were able to weigh the front axle and they said yes , just put your front on the scale. Will that be accurate? Cat scales have seprate s...

Catalina Park Trailer info needed

Good afternoon everyone I am looking for reviews for the Catalina park trailer. WE have a 5th wheel now that is sitting at rv park at the lake that we never move and we are wanting to change to a park style camper. Anyone have any experience with thi...

suburban water heater leak

Thinking I had a small project turned into a huge project. Last wknd noticed water in bathroom. Didnt think to much until I followed the water trail. long story short, water was coming from water heater. Ok, Camper is 8 yrs old, so I order a new wate...

kicker by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Bigfoot Truck Camper reviews sought

Hi everyone,I'm new to the site. We presently have a older 11.5 ft. Alpenlite and live in Alaska. We are temped to "upgrade" to a 2500 series Bigfoot 10.4 mainly for the 4 season capabilities. I know they are heavy but my '96 Dodge Cummins is mods...

FlexSeal

Has anyone used this product yet on their roof for sealing purposes? Do you recommend it?

sac89 by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Wolf Creek on a F350

I have a 17 F350 SRW with the camper package on order. I am looking at the WC 840 or 850 mainly due to its lighter weight and shorter height. I will be pulling a Polaris Ranger behind it on a 12' trailerMy questions are:How stable are SRW truck campe...