Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Intermittent brakes

Trailer brakes started to become intermittent on my spring sale recently. Towing with a f250 with built in controller. I replaced the male end of the 7 pin plug on the trailer and it seemed to fix it but the problem slowly came back and has gotten wo...

Durivas 250s

Is anyone running Durivas 250s on their dually and if so what's your thoughts on this tire. I have a 2008 Duramax and the tires on it are not worn, but they have aged out. I have the Duravis on the trailer and I like them, but I would like some fee...

Pets

This topic has been moved to another forum.You can read it here: 28997532

Greasing wheel bearings

Our 2002 Fleetwood Prowler has two axles but no Zerk fittings for the wheel bearings. There is a large axle nut with a cotter pin. I guess to properly grease the bearings I'd have to remove the nut and pull the wheel off (wheel puller required?). The...

Flatfive by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Changing V10 spark plugs...

It's time... Time for our F250 to get some new spark plugs. Finding plugs locally was easy. However, I tried 8 different places and not one of them had a plug socket that would fit the long V10 plugs. What the heck do I do for a socket? There is...

Solar

I want to add solar to my WC850 so how do I determine what wattage panel to get? Along with necessary equipment to run it. I'm pre wired already.

Wolfy850 by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Truck Theft - on the news last night

Link, click here.In case the article gets moved on the web, here's the text. Keep your doors locked and take your keys:INDIANAPOLIS -- A ring of thieves targeting Ford heavy-duty trucks in Indianapolis shows no signs of slowing down.Indianapolis poli...

fantastic fan create-a-breeze

I want to upgrade our standard (basically useless) vent fan to a fan-tastic fan. dont really need the super deluxe with remote and rain sensor etc. the simple manual control works for us. Does the really basic model move the same amount of air as ...

Yet Another Tire Question

We are replacing the tires 205/75/14 load range C tires on our trailer with a GVWR of 6500 pounds and a dry weight of 4850 pounds.I think we are going to go with Carlisle Radial Trail either the new HD or the old RH. My question, the HD is available...

Grommit by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

2006 Hummer H3

Possibly going to have to get a new tow car to tow 4 down. Looking to replace with a 4wd. A local dealer has a 2006 H3 Hummer. It has tow hooks on the front of it, which are standard on all H3s. Not sure how they could hook up to a tow bar. Are...

Understanding COG

Ok,I understand you want the COG of the TC to be centered on or slightly forward of the rear axle. My question is a lot of manufactures list the CG of the camper or provide a sticker showing its location. But where do you take the measurement on your...

Really happy with my Suitcase solar!!

I don't have the camper loaded yet. Soon, can't stand it anymore. Been so busy repairing 2 bathrooms in the stick house from a leak while out camping over the 4th. Anyway, with 100 watts permanently mounted to the TC roof wasn't enough to run the ...

_DJ_1 by Explorer II
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Trailer Braking with 2006 F-250

I have made 3 trips with my new to me 2006 F-250 towing a 27 ft TT. The brake control is a Ford factory installed unit whereas on my older F-250 I had an aftermarket Brake controller. On the previous 3 trips with the newer F-250, I set the Ford bra...

2010 Coachman 24RKS electrical problems

Hey all! new to the forum and looking for a bit of help. Lost power in the entire back end of my unit. First noticed when my outside receptacle lost power. I checked all the fuses and reset all circuit breakers. not sure where to look next.thanks in ...

Blue Sea Systems 12v Outlet Installations

In today's electronic age you can never have enough USB charging ports and electrical outlets in your RV. This is especially true for those of us who work while on the road. My office is actually located at home, but when I travel or I'm on vacation,...