Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

2004 Starcraft TravelStar w/ soft floor

Hello!I'm looking at potentially buying my first RV. A local dealer has a 2004 Starcraft 18SB for sale $2-$3k under 'normal' retail due to a soft floor in it. I'm attaching a copy of the floorplan with the soft area colored in red for reference. The ...

brianV by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Receiver limits

Sooo... Still looking at the big three gassers, I've come to the realization that the receiver limits on the Ford and GM truck seem a bit low. Ford maxes out at 1500 lbs, but that's only if you go dually. Otherwise Ford is 1250 lbs. GM maxes at 1300 ...

eluwak by Explorer
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes

Generator Question (yes, ANOTHER one...)

I am looking for an inverter generator for use in dry camping (specifically Pismo/Oceano Dunes) for my TT. I have a 15k BTU Dometic A/C unit. Question is - will the Champion 3100 watt power the A/C?Or, should I get the parallel system and 2 of the ...

fx2tom by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Newbie - what is annual maintenance for a TT ???

I am a total newbie on Travel Trailers.Been looking at them and getting close to pulling the triggeron an R-Pod 180 or Real-Lite.I was though wondering what am I taking on - do I have theability and knowledge to do what I should do to keep my TTin gr...

cwmoser by Explorer II
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Travel Trailer Tow questions

My wife and I have been thinking about trading in our 2012 Palomino Yearling 4100 popup camper for a travel trailer. We know what floorplan we want in a travel trailer and have been researching various models/manufacturers. Wants:Around 4000lbs maxHe...

'Poo' bucket gets a new cover

We carry an 15 gal auxiliary waste tank for those occasion when we overstay our 'capacity'. Lives on the back bumper..Because its quite blue we also have always kept covered. Used an old poly stuff bag. Several years old finally rotted to the point n...

AnEv942 by Nomad
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

SUV Help

Okay, pretend your old aunt, whose claim to fame is that she has been driving a standard shift all her life, and has driven just about anything, Class A's, C's, but has never towed, has decided she wants to buy an untra light trailer like a Casita b...

Sometimes a great misadventure

Sometimes I wonder why me? But then why not me, because, I know that the fickle finger of fate has it out for me. Fortunately I can deal with it.We had an oil leak in the 2011 F350 on the turbo base seal and had it repaired, used it with the camper ...

Buzzcut1 by Nomad II
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Camper on Tacoma

Got a friend who has a 2007 Toyota Tacoma, 4x4, v6, 6 speed man trans, access cab, TRD Offroad package. He wants to get a slide in camper, something like a Northern Lite 6'10". Any thoughts or recommendations of other brands? Depending on who you ...

tred0956 by Explorer
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

Husky Centerline TS hitch issue

Has anyone had this happen before. Husky Centerline TS hitch. Husky says that they have never seen this before and are sending me new brackets. They think it's a bad mold.

bill-e by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes