Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Gulfstream Amerilite 21MB vs 218MB

Maybe I missing something or finding some bad spec data online. I am planning on buying a trailer next spring and the Ameri-lite 21's have everything I want... and I can't find a single other trailer that comes close.So it looks like the 218MB repla...

Cost of partial paint job

I have a 1994 F250 in otherwise cherry condition, but the paint on the hood and roof is looking thin. About how much might it cost to get those parts painted? And would such a paint job normally include clear coat? Should I go to a auto paint shop or...

peholden by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

?Short bed camper...Newbie

After 38 years as ER Doc, I am approaching retirement,new to truck campers. I just bought 2015 Dodge 3500 crew cab with short bed(6'4'' ?)I'm starting to shop used campers. I understand a bit about COG issues.Will the COG be part of the specs of a c...

Furnace issue.

I am the owner of a 264bh. We went for our first cool weather trip this past weekend and had a problem with our furnace not firing the second night there. Temps got down to 28 degrees. I had one tank full and another about half. Furnace tried to fire...

Crazy cheap Eaz-Lift Trekker WD hitch (feed back wanted)

Anyone using this WD hitch? I just purchased one on Amazon for under $200 complete and brand new, free 2 day shipping at 75% off. Seems really cheap but looks great. I got the 600 lb one as my TT is small. here is a link. Amazon hitchThe heavier ones...

jstar by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Question about extended warranties

I normally do not pay for any extended warranties on any products but all of the issues make me nervous. The dealer is trying to sell me extended warranty for five years and an additional four years if it's not used along with some expensive protect...

Crambo by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Winter

Can a pop up camper be covered with a tarp for the winter if all the canvas is removed

stuc by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Yellowstone/Teton Spring 2016 Inquiry

Hello, I am looking for anyone who has visited the Yellowstone/Teton National Parks area in late April to early May in order to gain a better understanding of the typical weather found during this time of year. We will be camping in our TC so we have...

Towing mirrors

Looking for a good source for slide on CIPA towing mirrors mirrors. Trying to avoid the expense of permanent mounts. The strap on mirror shakes too much. The CIPA seems to be a good alternative but not much available for a 2015 F150XLT.

Why do people have such large trailers?

the simple answer is BECAUSE THEY CAN or WANT. I have a small 19' trailer that will sleep 5. You certainly aren't going to dance in there. My house is way more comfortable than my trailer so when i take it out i don't want to sit in the trailer. I...

Lance72 by Explorer
  • 154 replies
  • 0 likes

Buy a 2016 or 2017 Duramax??

My wife and I are retiring next spring and want to buy a new truck and 5th wheel to kick off our retirement. I plan to buy a GMC Denali 3500 Duramax. The big dilemma for me is do we buy a 2016 or 2017? I’ve heard all the rumors about a new Duramax fo...

bertschb by Explorer
  • 52 replies
  • 0 likes

Anyone towing conventional with 2013-15 Ram 2500

I've heard some talk on other forums about the factory hitches breaking on the 4th generation ram trucks when towing and I'm curious if yall have anything to report. I've had trouble located a definitive guide that tells the load rating of the factor...

Crambo by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Nissan NV 3500 Passenger Van

We are seriously considering buying the 2015 NIssan NV 3500 12 Passenger Van to tow our TT. Does anyone own one or have first hand experience with them? I'd love to hear from you. I tend to keep my cars at least 15 yrs so it's a big decision for us. ...

Anmacc2 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes