Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

TV tire life

I'm sure its been talked about in the past, but I can't find it. I have Good Year tires on my p/u with only 30k miles and lots of tread left, but they are original tires. The sidewalls are clean no cracks or scuffs. Can they last longer or do I ne...

poorboy by Explorer
  • 39 replies
  • 0 likes

External Holding Tanks for Extended Boon Docking

As mentioned in another post, we purchased some land that will be used for the next few years as a parking spot for an as yet to be purchased 5th wheel. There is power and water close by but not on the lot itself and money to bring them in won't be ...

adamis by Nomad II
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Nash 18FM

Hello all, Seriously looking at the Nash 18FM as my next RV, down sizing from a NUWA 5th wheel. I would appreciate ANY comments on good and bad of this model from 18FM owners. I previously owned an AF 1140 TC, before the NUWA so understand and respec...

wallaceb by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Jacking single axle trailer

Everywhere I read that the proper way to jack up a single axle trailer is by using the chassis frame rail. They (manufacturers) and industry never recommend the axle for a jack point even if you use the spring perch. I just wonder why the end of the ...

JCR-1 by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

TPMS suggestions

Looking at purchasing a tire pressure monitoring system for our travel trailer. Any suggestions regarding manufacturers and models would be appreciated. Leaning toward the Tymate brand but would appreciate suggestions. Thank you.

cgjt by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Looking for Alpenlite community

Hi All, Just purchased a Limited Series Cheyenne 950. We are excited to hit the road! Looking for a Alpenlite community forum to get tips and tricks, and to start a dialogue with fellow Truck Campers. My folks owned a Security in the 70's and I remem...

RV.net Truck Camper Forum for 20 Years

I just noticed that I will have been on the TC forum for 20 years this all on 10/29/2021.Anyone already reached the 20 year mark on the TC forum?Looks like Admin made 20 years on the TC forum last summer on 06/20/2020.

BradW by Explorer II
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

Space heater recommendations?

I recently took a trip to the midwest and was intending to use the propane heat in my NL TC for the sole means to keep the comfort in check and prevent potential freezing issues. The temperatures were in the high 20's a few times at night but up to ...

bkenobi by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Forest river wildwood 273qbxl

Hey all! Going to pick up a new 2021 wildwood tomorrow and was curious if anyone has one, and how you like it? Is there anything I should keep my eye on before we pull it off the lot or any cool tips and tricks? Happy camping!!

ejd43 by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Camper Overhaul?

I'm getting ready to take my camper out after it basically sat for 2 years. It's had antifreeze, which I renewed, and the hot water tank has been drained and standing with the plug out all this time. Replaced one tire that had dried out and gone fla...

Rebedding jack mounting plates

I had to pull my jack mount plates (T shaped steel) on my rear jack and now I am trying to figure out how to bed them. What was there from the factory was just caulk around the outer edge and at the holes. The manufacturer recommends covering the ent...

AH_AK by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes