Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Some advice on selling...

We have purchased a larger camper from my in-laws and need to sell our (deleted) (which we loved!). Do any of you have advice on what to put on a Craigslist add that would make it more attractive? We have the basics (size, sleeps five, use, etc).I ...

Plug and Use Electric Trailer Jack

Looking to replace the manual jack on my trailer with an electric jack. I've read many of the old posts here and found that there are any number of electric jacks that will do the job directly wired to the battery. What I'm considering is a trailer...

Thom02099 by Explorer II
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

2008 Summit by Thor vs. 2008 Jayco Jayflight??

We're first time buyers of a TT and are considering either a 2008 29' Summit by Thor https://bend.craigslist.org/rvs/4983266575.htmlor a 2008 28' Jayco Jayflighthttps://bend.craigslist.org/rvs/5011720405.htmlAny wisdom to pass onto us?Thanks!(If you ...

Pre- turbo EGT's... what are you seeing?

Primarily looking for Dodge numbers, but let's hear from the Dmax and P-stroke crowd too. Post your temps (preferably pre-turbo temps) and the conditions under which those are achieved (camper on or off, flat terrain/ climbing, etc.) What's the max ...

d3500ram by Explorer III
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Stove Vent Hood

Our Bullet 246RBS has a vent hood above the stove that doesn't vent to the outside of the camper. The stove area is on the slide-out. There is a Fantastic Vent in the ceiling almost right above your head if you were standing at the stove top cookin...

dmullen by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Dometic Sealand toilet issue

Hi all. Just getting our 2003 Kustom Koach ready for first trip out this year, and I have a little problem I hope someone can solve for me. When I depress the flush peddle on the Dometic Sealand Traveler Lite toilet, there is a VERY LOUD grinding sou...

tire pressure and extreme heat

I live in Columbia, SC and will be headed to Florida Keys later this week, pulling my travel trailer. Morning lows have been around 75F and highs around 100F. I've always filled my tires on truck and camper to the max labeled on the sidewall. I do...

Tire pressure

I posted several questions in a different thread and received great information but this specific question got lost in the conversation...I have P255/75R15 tires on my TV. My TT is fully loaded and weighing in at 5200lbs. My load in the TV (Chevy exp...

Anmacc2 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Recommend a HTT for a family

Hi,looking for recommendation on a hybrid.Two adults, two small kids (2 and 6)I will be towing with a Tundra (which can pull 6500-10,000#, depending on engine size)We need 2+ beds, dinning area and ideally...a couch bed.A/C is a must.I have been look...

Veik by Explorer
  • 35 replies
  • 0 likes

roof questions condition/maintenance

We have just purchased our first travel trailer and it is a 2004 wildwood. We purchased it from a dealer who told us everything was in good working order but I am wanting to make sure. I re-caulked the whole camper and when I was doing that I have so...

mod381 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Moving up 1/2 to 3/4 ton

After month's of contemplating and research I finally pulled the trigger on a 3/4 ton gas. I am upgrading from a 2011 F150 to a 2015 F250. One BIG question is, what can i expect in gas mileage on the F250 not towing and towing?My daily driving is a...

Portable Waste Tank

I am looking around at the portable waste tanks. I have seen that there are several brands on the market and there are some useful features on some of them such as built in hoses. I have even seen one that stops the flow when full.I want to get som...

Mcamper by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Tow Vehicle

Considering a 2006 Chevy Silverado 3500 with the Duramax/Allison combination. If you can provide and pros/cons, please chime in. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

wski by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Rock Auto Discount

Got another coupon today, if anybody has any projects planned, the discount code is 3257781316872218 and is good for 5% off through Aug 15th.

BurbMan by Explorer II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes