Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Awning issues

So we have a major storm coming in here in central ca tonight. What happens? A huge gust of wind came up and my awning just replaced in 2009 went with it, well at least part of the awning. The roll up bar is now on top of the roof of all places. I c...

Jayco 26BHS (or similar) - lighting question

I have a 2015 Jayco 26BHS. This trailer has the toilet and shower separated from the sink. The sink is just outside of the bathroom door. The room with he toilet and shower has a light switch wall mount in the bathroom to control the light in that...

Camper Bumper Rub Strip Coming Unglued

I have a 2004 10.6 Bigfoot TC and after 10 years, the rubber rub strip on the bumper has come unglued. I have removed the rub strip and cleaned up the bumper, however, I'm not looking forward to the task of removing the butyl tape from the rubber str...

campground near Erie, PA no holiday weekend minimum

Does anyone know of a campground either near Cleveland OH, or Erie PA that does not have a 2 or 3 night minimum on holiday weekends? We'll be arriving July 3rd in the afternoon, just passing through. We want to stay the night and leave the next day...

Camping off the grid

I have now put my 21' '75 Terry TT up on it's stands. There it will stay for the foreseeable future. It is in too rough of shape to continue to keep towing all over the land.So, now, it sits in a campground.The campground is off the grid. No electric...

Tires/max wear

5 th wheel tow vehicles (Single rear wheel): What is your favorite LONGEST WEARING TIRE?Looking at my 265-70-17 Michelin LTX M/S 2 , I am disappointed with the amount of wear from towing. Minimal/normal wear on front tires,rotate every 10k 80 psi et...

soje by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Looking at newer used half tons

I'm focusing on 2011 and newer F150s and very recent Ram 1500s at the moment. There's a nice 2013 Ram Laramie, but it has a console shifter, which indicates to me that it probably doesn't have the newer 8 speed transmission. They list the generic 3...

Soft spots

Greetings all, first post.I just recently bought a travel trailer and discovered that it has some soft spots in the flooring. Anyone ever had to replace some flooring due to this and could shed some insight to what I'm about to get into.The main soft...

New to Travel trailers- like learning a new language

Hi ladies and gents. I have been lurking on here for a while and my wife are getting pretty serious about making a purchase soon. If it were up to her we would already have one.... I have been trying to take my time and learn as much as possible befo...

Hitch Height

I have a brand new 2015 ALiner and my TV is a 2015 Ford Flex with towing package. Using the straight hitch that I had the rear of the camper is slightly higher than the front and I've read that it should be towed (and stored when closed) with the bac...

Battery question while in RV park

We are on a 2 month road trip right now. So when we left our last park I unhooked from shore power before bringing in the slide or hooking up. I barely got the slide in under battery power and had no battery for tongue jack until I hooked up to the t...

FLGup by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Camping with Camper when off Truck

I am planning a camping trip were I will need to unload, so that I have full use of my truck. How many actually unload so they have use of the truck? If so, are there any special considerations to be aware of? My manufaturer owners manual states not...

'04 Arctic Fox M-1140

I am new to the forum and so far have learned a lot! However I am not finding much info on a problem I'm having. Looking at a '04 AF M-1140 and it appears to have a delamination problem underneath the overhang. Haven't found any water damage anywhere...