Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Towing with a 5.3?

For the last 15 years, I have towed my boat tandem behind my 5er. New boat purchased at the end of last year has me rethinking what I want to do.Considering changing out of my 1997 Grand Cherokee that I drive during foul weather, and moving to somet...

Suspension options. Deaver springs or air bags, etc?

I've gone from a DRW LB and large Lance campers, 981 and 1191 to a new Ram SB and TH.I got the 3500 in case (when) I went back to a TC but looking at the Lance 825 and 865 today, they seem pretty cramped. I also don't like the 6'4" bed with the new C...

Anyone make a "decent" enclosed trailer?

TC'ers probably pull more trailers than other RV's so I THINK this is a good place to ask.Early this year I bought a new TNT 7X14 enclosed trailer designed for UTV's. I thought it looked real good when I got it. I knew it needed caulking, sanding a...

_DJ_1 by Explorer II
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

Top bunk access

Just pulled a new Jayco 26BHS off the lot today! Wondering what people are using to access the top bunk. I have double over double bunks in the rear with corner access to the bunks. There is no ladder, or hand grabs for that matter. Suggestions?

fridge

Is it better to leave the fridge turned on when hooked to ac and not using the rv for a long time?

Charging !973 Terry trailer battery

My friend just ended up with a 1973 Terry 18' travel trailer. The folks he got it from told him the only way to charge the battery was to use a battery charger. I wondered if there was no way to charge them back 40 years ago other than with a charger...

Duke-44 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

RF Shield Pouch for key fob

With all the vehicles that work with fobs and transmit an rf signal one might want to consider on of these.http://www.select-fabricators.com/about-us/whats-new/announcements/wireless-key-rf-shielding-security/I found this company when searching for a...

cpu266 by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Travel Trailer Depreciation?

What is the "rule of thumb" depreciation on used travel trailers?I know that if the MSRP is real(lol) than 25%-30% off new.what is the norm for 2-5 year depreciation schedules?thanks to everyone:)

Got a great deal on Maxxis 8008 ST Tires

I've been looking around for a while to replace my OEM tires with Maxxis and found a great deal from Discount Tire Direct off of their Ebay listing. http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-NEW-205-75-14-MAXXIS-M8008-ST-RADIAL-TRAILER-75R-R14-TIRES-/191106194957?ha...

Selling a travel trailer

We have decided we cannot get enough use from our travel trailer at this time in life. What is the best way to sell a travel trailer? We know we'll take a hit, since we only used it one season, but have determined it's the best thing to do at this ...

Propane pressure

I am a new travel trailer owner, and I'm trying to get my trailer set up. I have a 2003 Trail Bay by R-Vision. The current issue is with the propane. I have a half-filled bottle hooked up and open. When I turn on any of the stove burners, it will...

Rhino Eco-Coat

has anyone had this product applied to the roof of their hybrids, and if so, can you please give me your thoughts on it?being quoted at $18 a sq ftlooking to put it on new 2015 Rockwood Roo 21SShttp://liners.rhinolinings.com/en/products/ecocoatthanks...

Weight distribution setup

I know this has been disscused over and over again but I am haveing a hard time finding a decent video to help me set mine for my truck I know the sway control is a curt but I am u sure of what the hitch and bars are ill like some pics of it any help...

Dreenn by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Check light on

Several weeks ago I replaced the heating element for my Dometic five cubic foot refrigerator/freezer. The check light would come on the top part of the refrigerator as it didn't know whether to be on propane or shore power (AC). I'm getting ready to ...

2015 Lance 1172 - Lockout

Ok so I've stumped the dealership so I'll try here....The other day when taking the 1172 off the truck the remote for the camer started acting like the battery was dying. So I brought it home and changed the battery and went back out today to test ev...