Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

2001 Lance 1121 Rot Repair

Update 05/02/2020:This is a topic I posted in 2014 detailing the replacement of the two rear skirts on a 2001 Lance 1121, which is an all-wood frame camper. After the skirt replacement, I then covered the underside of the wings, and the sides of the ...

NRALIFR by Explorer
  • 35 replies
  • 0 likes

New 12V outlets

I don't have enough 12V outlets in my camper and I'm getting really tired of the huge cigarette lighter form factor for 12V power.I'm thinking about creating 5.5 X 2.1mm female power outlets in my camper instead.Using these.That seems to be the most ...

Freep by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Do I need sway bar or equalizer?

I'm new to this, and am in the process of buying a 22 ft travel trailer with a dry weight off roughly 3300 lbs. I'm towing it with an F150 with a 9000 lb towing capacity. The dealer is asking if I want a sway bar or an equalizer. If these are needed ...

2020 Coachmen Catalina 303QBCK

Has anybody had any experience with the 2020 Coachmen Catalina 303QBCK? Or a similar model? My wife and I are leaning towards purchasing one, but want to make sure it's a decent quality product. Any input would be appreciated!

Water in Fuel? When Do You Drain the Filter?

Hi diesel noob here again LOL....so I'm considering taking the plunge and buying my first diesel, 2015 Ram 3500 with 6.7L Cummins and 81k miles.Reading through the Diesel Supplement to the owner's manual, it says that if the "Water in Fuel" light com...

BurbMan by Explorer II
  • 44 replies
  • 0 likes

2020 Ram 2500 CTD owners

I have a '16 Ram 2500 CTD that I love except towing. I wish it had the 3.73 rearend instead of the 3.42. What is your rpm at 7o mph in 5th and 6th gears ?

M_R_E_ by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Coax connector 2011 Keystond Outback

We have a 2011 Keystone Outback and are planning to add Dish tv. There is a coax connector on the outside. Can we use it for the satellite? I have been told that on some campers it will not work because of the way it is wired through the antenna boos...

Airbags?

I’d like to add airbags to my rear suspension on my Ram 2500 diesel to level my truck when I’m towing, but don’t really feel I need to be able to control them from the cab and don’t want to go through an expensive and involved installation of a full ...

Rye_a by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Tire Recommendation for a 2011 Tahoe Please

Hello, I need to buy new tires for my Tahoe. I'd like to put LT tires on it as we are pulling a TT now. Any recommendations on tires? I'm thinking about BF Goodrich AT's but am open to other suggestions. Looking for a stiffer sidewall then what I ...

jerem0621 by Explorer II
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Bunkhouse trailer comparable to Jayco Eagle

With 3 kids our TC was just too small so now I"m in the market for a travel trailer with 4 bunk beds. These are quite hard to find for some reason as most manufacturers want to take out one bunk in favor of an outdoor kitchen.We travel more than camp...

KD4UPL by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Road trip Portland OR to Las Vegas

Hi all, we need to get to the Las Vegas airport 6/24/20 to complete an interview for a Global Entry application with the Trusted Traveler Program. We're not too excited about flying so thought we would take a road trip with the Northstar camper. Thou...

Manfred by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

truck swerved with hard braking

Ok, here is the story. I was driving on the interstate it must have been approaching an uphill. Truck in the right lane moving slow. Another truck moving up on me in the left lane. So I hit the gas to pass the slow truck in front of the truck approac...