Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

eternabond question

I was up on the roof today after getting back from a wonderful weekend camping. When I was getting ready to wash it off when I noticed a crack. It's right on the edge where the roof goes from horizontal to vertical on the side. My question is, I kn...

rrev by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Adding a rear "porch" to TC

Some time ago I saw and read a thread about adding a "porch" or extension on the rear of TC. I believe it was on this site. I have been unable to locate it after several searches. Does anyone know how to find it? I would like to see it again.

Extended cab vs crewcab

I am going to purchase 2500 series Chev or GMC duramax to pull our bighorn fifth wheel soon. I have a 18k reese slider hitch, and am wondering will short box on crew cab be adequate for rig or is short box on extended cab longer, and will crew cab ri...

tow weight opinions for a possible upgrade

Have the 09 silverado in my signature. we are looking into moving to a viewfinder 28bhss. dry weight or little under 6000. we do not ever tow with loaded fresh grey or black tanks. use linx levelers so no wood to add weight. buy most firewood a...

What do I need to add to my truck to tow my RV?

First post, This may seem like a dumb question but here goes....I recently had Dodge buy my 2011 Ram 2500 back as a lemon. To keep a truck at the house I traded my wife's 2011 charger for a 2012 Laramie Longhorn 1500 and just pocketed the cash since...

kells81 by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Considering getting a travel trailer in the future

We have a class C right now but might want to switch to a trailer down the road. I have a 2000 GMC Jimmy 4WD that has tow haul mode and was wondering if it could safely pull a 25 foot trailer without risking issues. Most trailers I've seen run arou...

Karfae69 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Why idle?

Did a search but didn't find exact question so..I went into work yesterday and a service truck was parked by our entrance with the back open and it was idling (not a big deal, happens often) I went back out over an hour later to get something out of ...

Safest way to jack up the TT?

When we go to our lot next weekend we plan to put some boards under the tires. Question, can you safely jack up one side of the trailer at a time to put the board under the tires, or is there a special way to do this. We would pull it out and roll it...

HeyJude by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Finally -- New Camper Batteries

After suffering through two trips where we managed to draw down our camper battery to a dead state, we decided enough was enough. We had a Buy-Mart Group 24 sealed battery that was just not cutting it. We bought:Concord Lifeline Group 27 AGM for the ...

Television

Do new TVs require converters for over the air signals ? We had to get them for the home cable. My hockey team, the Canucks, went out in four straight, so I don't really need TV this coming long weekend. The TT came set for TV, but didn't have one. S...

Help with replacing table with recliner..fox811

I am replacing the dinette in my 811 Fox with a lazyboy reclining loveseat. I have sent Jim&Sue a note. I will also contact the factory on Mon, but thought I would ask here also.I have removed everything but the left seat frame. Looks like it may ...

What is FMVSS 110?

I was playing around with the Manufactures websites looking at trucks mostly. I was looking at the Tundra's website and found this quote under the disclosures on the website... the Tundra's payload number had a link to this."Payload is the GVWR minu...

Quick Hookups!--Cheap Backup Camera Solution

Assuming you have 2 apple products (iPhones, iPads, iPods), I have a $3.99 solution to a backup camera. Purchase the app "Baby Monitor" from the app store. It allows you to see streaming video from one iDevice to another. It works over Wifi or Blu...