Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

2019 Ford Expedition Max

We have a 2011 Yukon XL Denali. My wife drives it in winter, and we use it to tow our 7000 pound boat on trips we also take the RV (pulled by my truck).We have had the Yukon for a little over 3 years, and never really fell in love with it. For a to...

Inverter Use

Hi All, Has anyone tried running their RV fridge on a basic inverter.In my case I have easy access to the plug on my fridge. I would disconnect the plug from the 110v outlet and plug it into an inverter. What size inverter would I need for a 3.7 size...

rfporzio by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Direct replacement for PD9140 converter?

I searched for this with no luck. Is there a 3 or 4 stage direct replacement (footprint) for the PD9100 series converter? Also, the Progressive Dynamics web site said to not exceed the original converter amperage due to wiring, etc. If I increased...

53chevy by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Anyone towing with a Honda Ridgeline?

Now by "towing" I m talking pretty lightweight, plan to tow my 10' {14' overall} cargo trailer to haul my Indian Springfield - 862#, bike and trailer 2,220# or my Polaris Razr 570 - RZR and trailer 2,540#.The Ridgeline is the RTL {Forrest Mist with G...

Need help with a Exterior problem

I was looking to buy a new Trailer but the trailer has some cracks on the exterior. I was wondering if anyone has an idea what it could be and if it repairable for a reasonable price.Pictures https://imgur.com/a/5rEHOm1

Downsizing to TT

We have a smaller 5th wheel and are thinking about going to a smaller TT. We would like it to weigh under 4500 pounds maybe 24 ft. We would like a queen sized bed, 2 slide outs, storage for clothes for long trips, table/bench and maybe separate cha...

Reader1 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Designing an Eletric lift basket for camper

I'm currently plotting how to setup a rear cargo setup to mount my generator with the Amerigo. Part of my plan is to make a dual tube setup similar to the one on the front, but I can't use just a basket like I did on the front as we have the fold o...

Can’t insure full-time camper and truck

Hello everyone - just ran into an unexpected problem. I retired in June, been traveling the world since, and returned to the USA to try full-timing in a truck camper. Got a new F-350 and Bigfoot 10.4 all picked out and ready to go. Last thing was ins...

mnih by Explorer
  • 34 replies
  • 0 likes

why is water filling holding tank thru city fill?

I went camping first time in our 2019 premier ultra lite 26brpr and hocked up water to city fill. After about 20+ mins the water is flowing out the overflow for fresh water holding tank. Shut off water and used faucet. Had no pressure, had to use wat...

gsman36 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Bigfoot rear step

we are currently touring Newfoundland. Yesterday in Elliston I noticed the rear step from a Bigfoot( the one that covers the basement door) on the side of Circular road. I'm not sure how many members are also here but I thought I'd post to let you kn...

Where's the 2020 Ram HD?

Three years ago give take a few months I bought my 17 2500HD, that was 2016.Other than stuff from trade shows not seeing anything official from the Italians.Things running late this year?

Travel Trailer Recommendations

Hey all, we are in the market for a small 4-6 sleeper travel trailer. I would be pulling with a 2014 RAM 1500, so want something 16-22 feet. I've been doing some research, but figured I would ask the pros. Currently, I have my eyes set on an Arcti...

FurianXO by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Anticipation and a year to wait.....

My son proposed to his girl friend this weekend and told us they plan to get married on August 19th of next year. We're exciting and committed to attending the wedding (who wouldn't be?) however, they live in Northern BC which is about 900 miles fro...

emcvay by Explorer
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

Tv mount question

I just purchased a Gulf Stream 22UDL Envision. There is no tv mount inside although I have seen the same model online with the mount included. It is located to the the right of the kitchen on an exterior wall with the connections for power, cable, an...

Dually gearing? Coming from a SRW

Sold my 2005 F250 Powerstroke diesel SRW, 3.73 with 285s on it (34s). Gearing felt great, at 2k RPM I was around 74 mph. This new dually (same year/engine) has 4.10s and 245s (like 31-32 inches). Aside from just being overall lower, the gearing seems...

pcoplin by Explorer II
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes