Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Very cold weather camping & covering the a/c shroud?

We are continuing to fine-tune our cold weather camping routines -- and we noticed during our last very cold trip that water would sometimes drip from the air conditioner vent. Very refreshing to have a drop of 33 degree water on one's neck in a 34 ...

Terlinqua TX

A new show on NatGeo channel called Badlands, TX has caught my eye.The "village" of Terlinqua seems several steps down from the Slabs, what could be better for hiding out?I want to go, DW says NFW haha.

bucky by Explorer II
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Rock Crusher Canyon RV Park, Crystal River FL

Continuing on our first year snowbirding.We had a hard date to be in the area of The Villages the week of Jan 13-20 to catch up with relatives visiting the area. That left 9 days between Bradenton and Southern Oaks in Summerfield FL (where we are now...

jplante4 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

AZ park models vs. on-site storage of 5er

We are growing weary of taking our RV from IL to AZ (Phoenix and/or Tucson) and back for our snowbird trip. As of now, we only snowbird for less than 3 months. I expect that to grow but that is not a sure thing.We have a small C, and don't really ...

Fishing Bridge site sizes?

We are planning a Yellowstone trip this summer and would like to stay at Fishing Bridge based upon it's location and full hookups. My question has to do with the size of the sites. We have a Sundance 285TS (I always equate that to 28.5') 5th wheel. W...

Made it to the Florida Keys

Arrived at our desitnation on Thurs. Dec. 31st after a very long trip south. Traffic was horrible but we just took it slow and easy. The problem is that other drivers don't relize that a MH towing a car can't stop on a dime! Loving our site and al...

Favorite Florida State Park

Hi, I'd like some opinions on your favorite Florida State Park within a couple of hours drive from the Orlando area.Our favorite is Gamble Rogers, but it is almost impossible to get a reservation. We love the Florida parks and especially the 50% re...

Kartchner Cavern Tours

They offer two different tours, a Big Room and a Rotunda/Throne. We only want to do one. Anyone taken both tours? Is one any better than the other?Thanks and safe travels.

oldcat1 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Staying In Archers Nat. Park in July?

Hello All! I just bought a month ago a new 24' Trailer. This is my first RV in the exception of 15 years with Trailer Tent. So this summer I'll do many short distance trips (300 - 500km) to get experience.In 2017, I plan to do a road trip in the seve...

bobvila by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Elkhorn campground Frankfort Ky

Has anybody been to this campground? WE are looking for a nice campground in the central area of Kentucky. Would prefer somewhere around Versailles area. Thanks for any and all help.

sele by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

looking for a CG recommendation near Disney World

OK, I know it is snowbird season in Fl. We have family going to Disney World the end of Jan 2016, FW is booked for the time needed. We currently have reservations at one of the Disney resorts. My dilemma is that we are meeting some snowbirds friends ...

Ft Lauderdale area rv parks

Lots of rv parks but most not highly rated on RV Park Reviews. Anyone have a positive experience at one of the cgs in the area aside from the Broward Co parks? We stayed at Markham last year and it was great. Planning to spend a few days there next ...

Terry_25 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Looking for campgrounds near Charleston, WV

Going to Charleston, WV in July for a church mission trip. We have a 40 ft. fifth wheel and need to find a full hook-up campground close to Charleston.Any advice would be appreciated.Bigdon68

bigdon68 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Great Lakes

I am planning a trip to Nova Scotia this year to see the fall colors. My route will take me right by the Great Lakes. I would really appreciate any information on which of the great lakes are a must see. I must admit the whole area looks beautiful on...

diazr2 by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes