Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Jayco has eventually lured Aussies to into 5vers

Been a hard sell. Anyway it has got to the stage they are building another Factory for Motorhomes and 5th WheelersA modest range is available ranging from 21-28ft. Less than happy experiences with imported US units made people wary.24ft and 28ft mod...

Heartland Error

I recently purchased a 2014 Heartland Torque SS, model #261. The VIN placard indicated the trailer was equipped with ST235/80R16E tires and appropriate axel to fit my desired needs. However, when returning from a recent trip I had one of the tires ...

Pete15 by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

FIrst Excperience Towing 5th compared to TT

I have been towing my travel trailer for 8 years and other small trailers a little longer. I am really accustomed to hitching and unhitching by myself and travelling long distances with it. After towing a 5th wheel I am really impressed with the simp...

rowekmr by Explorer
  • 33 replies
  • 0 likes

Valve Stem Issue.....

So I'm upgrading to G rated tires and I ordered metal valve stems rated at 110psi. The problem is the rubber on the back of the stem wont go thru the valve hole on the wheel... I also have rubber valves with metal sleeve rated at 80psi that fits... T...

16" conversion with LT tires again

I have a WW fs3000 3 axle toyhauler, always used Maxxis 225 75 15 E tires never a failure until last month didn't even know and scratched up my siding a bit, so I am contemplating doing the 16" switch with LT tires, I don't have flipped axles but fro...

Fuel station filter questions

Hello all, first post here. I have already learned a lot just by lurking, lol. I have a question hopefully you guys can help with. I have a 2012 Palomino Puma FW. Have to replace the pump for the fuel station. We ride dirtbikes, which don't have inli...

The NEW Carriage

I know they are not like the old Carriage in build but as anyone seen the new ones yet and if so what do you think? They look to be built like the Redwood some and what the factory rep told us is their closest competition, like that you can get 8000l...

dblr by Explorer
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

ST tires cooked on arrival?

I was driving down the freeway yesterday when I was passed by a Dodge DW towing a new 5th wheel. I sped up and paced him at over 85 mph. The trailer had a dealer plate on it. I slowed back down to the speed limit and watched as he disappeared over th...

DHCamper by Explorer
  • 47 replies
  • 0 likes

5th Wheel vs Bumper Tow - Weight

I've considered two different options to upgrade from our small TH. First is the Nitro 29udql5 - 5th wheel. From my calculations the 2,029lb pin weight and 10,377 dry weight of this rig will be too much for my 08 GMC 2500 crew cab diesel. So, opti...

Handles.....jacks and slide out....where to purchase?

Hello--Purchased a 1998 Jayco 243RKS and the handles are nowhere to be found.I need one for the stabilizer jacks (it is NOT the bolt head type, it is the round barrel with hole on side)I also need one for the slide out and front electric jacks. Thes...

Baja_Man by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Need Help With Buying Fifth Wheel

Hello everyone, this is my first time on here and I'm asking for some assistance with a couple fifth wheels that my wife and I are looking at. We like the Coachmen Chaparral, but one Jayco dealer said the quality was subpar. We've also been looking ...

Jsabe07 by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Second AC Size

I am looking at putting a second AC in our trailer. The main unit is a 15k ducted unit in the back. I already have a vent and wiring at the vent and 50 amp service, so I just have to add the unit. My question is, what size second AC have you all been...

Residential refrigerator

Residential refrigerator I had a Dometic 8.4 cu.ft this one is 11 cu.ft. Also installed a Ice Maker in it. Did not have one. It is a Kenmore. Model 106.86399310

N4VNI by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes