RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

surge protectors

Our coach has a 50 amp service. However we very seldom stay in a campground that has 50 amp service available. So we adapt to a 30 amp service! If I were to buy a surge protector would a 50 amp protector work just as well when we are on a 30 amp serv...

Upper Peninsula, MI workamper couple wanted

Upper Peninsula Michigan campground seeking friendly, energetic workamper couples for the 2014 season. We are looking for a couple to be here from May 15 (at the latest) until September 15. Duties include registration/office work (must be familiar w...

sbreeze by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Best Value Portable LED Lantern ?

Our portable Coleman battery fluorescent lantern suffered a mishap last month while camping at bullard's beach .We have made the conversion from Maglite flashlights to LED flashlights .There seems to be a quality difference between the LED flashlight...

Lowsuv by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Reese shim question

After reading something here, I realized that I needed a shim for the shank/hitch head (Reese #58207) on our DC WDH. I installed one but here is still some play. I bought a 2nd one just in case bit it won't quite fit. Is it okay to just tighten th...

Be Camping in NY this Season

Wife had her final day of work today. She was given a NYS Parks gift card with 300 dollars on it. Looks like we will be checking the state parks out this year.

pitch by Explorer II
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Warmer weather around the corner!

Just cleared a good 15" of snow and ice off the trailer roof. Sounds like next week were going to have a melt off with temps in the 40's... it's been so consistently cold in CT I can't remember what that feels like! LOL Lets hope the weather is fina...

Saturn Vue

Does anybody out there know if I can tow a 2008 Saturn with an auto trans 4-wheel down? thanks Tom

camp104 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Pre towing procedure for Honda

The owners manual for our 2009 Honda Fit states to remove the radio fuse when towingg for longer periods of time.It also states to not pull the fuse until after going thru the pre-towing procedure (start engine,run through all the gears, let run in n...

golfknut by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Adding Brakes To Demco Dolly

I just bought an older Demco Karkaddy w/o brakes, and would like to add surge disc brakes to it. Anyone w/ info or exp doing this ?I'm thinking this kit a good place to start, but wish someone could verify fitment.http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Bolt-Kodia...

Jeep Liberty or Honda CRV pros and cons.

I have narrowed it down to a Jeep Liberty or Honda CRVused between 1998 and 2005looking for any adviceI will be using it as a work car/ daily commutator about 60 miles a day and want to tow behind the MHany advice is greatly appreciated.Jeff

jsrore by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes