RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Well, I think I know what our towing problem is!

Our truck! I haven't driven it since December, probably. DH just had new E-tires put on in February and we took our TT on the road trip from HELL in early March. I posted here earlier about that experience, so I won't bore you with the details but ...

Fort Clark Springs, TX

Anyone familiar with Fort Clark Springs community out of Bracketville, TX. Pros and cons? Spoke with someone recently who lives there and is most happy. We are in the market for a new home base down the road a bit and was curious about this place.

BLM Volunteer Recreation Host Couple WANTED Grants, NM

Volunteer Recreation HostBLM El Malpais National Conservation AreaAddress: near Grants, NM 87020Contact: Paul Yoder 505.331.2977 Th-Sun 9-4Availability: 4/1/2014--4/1/2015Created: 3/9/2014Suitability: Adults, SeniorsDifficulty: AveragePOSITI...

pmy111 by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Jeep Compass as a toad

Well after obsessing for almost a full year, I finally towed my Jeep Compass behind my motorhome. It followed along like a love sick puppy dog. I am using a Roadmaster Falcon 2 tow bar and everything works perfectly. The first tow was about 300 miles...

Good Diesel Service in Greater Seattle Area

From DH:Replaced the OEM radiator in my 2007 6.0 Powerstroke diesel because of unrepairable leaks around the fittings on the bottom header tank where the transmission cooler lines enter. The replacement is an aftermarket radiator that is all aluminu...

Why RV?

I notice that a lot of threads on this site consist of a lot of gripes - what we hate about other campers, what problems we've had, etc. So I'd like to see a thread where we all list the reasons we enjoy RVing. What makes you get off your butts an...

Queen bed in place of current King

We have a king size bed in our 5th wheel and we replaced the mattress last year with a good quality residential. We've had the RV for 10 years and I have always hated changing the sheets and the lack of room on either side of the mattress; it's butt...

galtgirl by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Window on a sewer tank - A room with a crappy view?

Hi y'all. Question here. In my motorhome I have the bathroom sink feeding the vent pipe of the black tank. A few weeks back the brackets holding the tank got loose and the seams between the toilet, the vents and the tank got separeted. I had the tank...

map40 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Which State to pick for residence

My wife and I are thinking of hitting the road in our MH soon and the question has come up of State Residence. We live in CA now and its a bit expensive, I know there are a number of items to consider in choosing a state, such as State income tax, ve...

GPS, Atlas, Mapquest and More....

OK Ladies and Gentlemen: As I am approaching the one-month mark until flight-time, I would like to hear your experience in finding your way. Mind you, I am a mechanical and map midget OK...? When my husband was alive, he did it all and I was the p...

Slide out with topper

Just an FYI to anyone/everyone who has a slide topper. Check the 'set screw' on the plastic thing that looks like the manual awning lever. Mine was loose and plastic collar was wobbly and of course my slide did not fully deploy. After simmering fo...

dewinterizing fresh water systems

camping season is fast approaching especially for those of us on the east coast. at what point does everyone consider it safe (temps) to flush out the antifreeze? obviously, when the temps stay above 32* but say its in the 50's in the day and maybe 2...

jk31668 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

ReadyBrake or Blue Ox AutoStop?

I'm in the process of shopping for a tow setup for my 2013 Ford Fiesta, looking at tow bars and brake systems. I've been looking at both the ReadyBrake and Blue Ox's AutoStop. Amazon lists the Blue Ox Alpha tow bar with AutoStop for $655 (but out o...

ezgoin by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes