Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Trailer Brakes

I have a 07 Salem 27rb that developed a brake issue a while back. When I got the trailer (new), the brakes were great. My Reese controller couldn't be set at more than 3.5-4.0. After a few years it seemed that some days it would stop great and oth...

bent front post

hey guys ….bent my front wheel stabilizer bar on my pop up today on a huge curb ….has anyone taken it apart and bent it straight or should i just buy the whole crank system …I'm afraid the work hardening of the metal may be detrimental to this ….than...

Solar controller?

On our 91 Serengeti, Osh Kosh chassis gaser, we have two solar panels. Any idea if there is a "controller" some place? We are waiting for the weather to warm up in Michigan so we can head back and I can get the MH out of the barn. Purchased the unit ...

Brian48 by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Split in travel trailer shower wall

After this extremely cold winter, we encountered splitting in our travel trailer shower wall. We are thinking about pulling the section away from the wall & applying waterproof tape to the back of the split. Any ideas on the best way to fix this? Th...

averity by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Any over the air channels?

I will be in Estes park next month and noticed that there was over the air channels out of Grand Lake, do they work in Rmnp? I don't need much just local news and do not have a satellite.

More L.E.D's

If I am reading this correctly, this could be a good buy. I have replaced all of my TC lights (interior and exterior) with LED, and they cost a lot more than these.10 X White 1156 BA15S LED 27-SMD Light bulbs Tail Backup RV Camper 1141 1003I understa...

Reddog1 by Explorer II
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Dangerous

Can one be shocked when plugging in the RV electrical cord in the rain, possibly standing in a puddle of water.

Leaking rear trans seal

I have a P-30 with a 454 and Turbo 400 (with overdrive). 50k on the odometer and trans has 1/2 that.I noticed a small drip underneath (only with the engine running) and when cold the motorhome "didn't want to go into gear" (put it in drive and it di...

kcny by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Tekonsha Prodigy Wiring: Brake Light Signal

I have a 1995 P30 (Georgie Boy - 27') and need to connect a Tekonsha Prodigy brake controller. One of the signals is STOPLIGHT, which tells the brake controller it should engage. I found two switches that operate when the brake pedal is pressed in,...

Run Norcold off inverter long-term?

Hi,I've got 4 x T125's in a balanced wiring setup with 300 watts of solar. I'm looking to pick up a Xantrex prosine 1000 W inverter, and I was wondering about the viability of running the fridge (a Norcold, not sure what model, don't have the manual ...

phemens by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

frustration thread 13,500 duo therm ac, giving up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV-_7ym8jjAso here is a guy who starts up my exact ac unit with a cheapo hyndai with no problem,,, and my Honda eu2000i wont' even get it to turn over, it just hums, I am stumped, have read all posts on hard start and ...

rockwind1 by Explorer II
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Which solar panel would you choose for camper rooftop

So its May 2014. Which specific solar panel would you choose to roof mount on your motor-home? When making a decision...are all panels aerodynamically suitable to withstand 85mph? Looking at installing a 600 amp battery bank and do not have unlimited...

Wo_ody by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Step won't retract

My step stopped retracting. The motor moves a bit but then stops. Acts like the mechanism is frozen, but I have lubed all moving joints. Anyone else have this issue?

tstryk by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

no power to hyd jacks control panel

I have a 2013 fusion 375. I needed to move it and there was no power at the control panel. I have checked fuses and breakers and appear to be good. Any other ideas?

rjldar by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

TracVision R5 "in-motion" issue.

Just purchased coach with the TracVision R5 in-motion dish. No sat reciever in the coach but I did find a Dish Remote and some Dish paperwork so I assume the dish is setup to find Dish sats.I have DirecTv account. My Prior coach I was using a Std. De...

mchero by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes