Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Rhino Liner or other types of paint-on liners

Don't know if this is the place to put this, but if not, I'm sure the moderator will put it in the proper place. We bought an ATV trailer a while ago and it has a deck of plywood treated with some type of waterproofing material that is starting, alr...

jalichty by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Water Heater Troubleshoot

I have a 1997 Gulf stream c class that I recently bought. On my last trip I fired up the water heater. I fired up and showed a strong blue flame. I figured it was working great until I checked a couple of hours later it had shut off. I tried to relig...

G_and_D by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Propane tank making a LOUD noise

I can't figure out what is causing my propane system to make so much racket. I've replaced the tank and regulator. Didn't make any difference. Any ideas?I've owned this 5th wheel for 6 months and it has always done it. I've had other campers come by ...

Converter? Help

Been searching the web for a bit, cant find answers. Here is my deal....I have a 2006 Alfa 5th wheel that is permantly hooked to shore power. Never move the trailer. I have noticed the 12V system is not working at full power. Water pump, fart fans, l...

Disconnect Solar Before Checking Battery Levels?

I just installed a 140w solar panel and 10a PWM controller. I thought about it, but did not install an on/off switch anywhere in the “system”. The solar panel is connected directly to/from the controller; the controller is wired directly to/from th...

CVD by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

Welding on TT

I am wanting to do some welding on my TT (2012 crossroads) and I was wondering if I need to unhook the battery before doing so. Also is there any other precautions needed to protect the elec./comp. systemsThanks, Joe

12rvjoe by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Any problem in using two battery maintainers at once?

Updating a previous thread:I have a 2012 Chevy truck with a 2012 Four Wheel slide in camper. The camper is equipped with a Iota DSL30 converter and I recently added a Iota IQ4 battery plug in smart charger to it. Works great at keeping my two camper ...

How To Remove Glue

My new (to me) MH had decals plastered all over the back of it.They ALL came off relatively easy w/ just a hair dryer, except that US map w/ all the stickers on it.I don't know what is different about it, but the hair dryer didn't phase it one bit. I...

parallel 2-2000i honda generators together

Lots of discussion on paralleling 2-2000i Honda generators together using the 120 volt outlets on the unit.Honda generators sold in Canada don't have the parallel plugs installed.some videos on You Tube show using the 120 plugs.A wiring diagram of th...

nieforth by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

dometic refrigerator not staying cold

I recently purchased a 1982 TT with a refrigerator which was not the original. I cannot find a part number anywhere but it is an older domestic brand 120v/12v/propane model without electronics. When running on any fuel, the piping gets warm an it c...

Allison trans cooler leak

Developed a leak under pressure either in the fluid cooler or one of the lines in or out. Any experience side mount cooler leaks in a Monaco product (Beaver DP)?

Travelr by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Lippert 6 point leveling system question

Today as I walked past my 5er parked in my driveway, I heard an alarm going off. it beeped about once every 45sec. I finally traced the cause of the beep to the Lippert Control box. When I pressed the on/off switch to activate the system, I got no ...

Water Pump Output

I have a Shurflo 4008-101 water pump in my TT. It's rated at 3 gpm. It puts out decent pressure--like a lot of things you'd take more if given the choice. I realize the 3 gpm rating is probably with ideal voltage and flow rate measured right at th...

otrfun by Explorer II
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Suggestions needed/changing dump valve seals

The dump valves were getting a little sticky and hard to operate at times so I figured I would just pull them off, inspect the seals, lube them up with vaseline and bolt them back up. Easier said than done. On previous rigs we have had it was a snap ...

bad taste from city water connection

I have been having a bad taste in my water, sort of an inky/chemical taste, but it only happens when I am connected to a hose connection in a park and using city water. It has happened at several different parks so it is not the local waters problem ...