Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Battery short circuit protection?

I've been working on a solar system and 2000w inverter install. Lots of wiring. Lots of heavy duty cables (inverter to batteries). I've also got a battery monitor set up which uses heavy duty cabling. It got me to thinking....What is the potentia...

SJ-Chris by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

No gas flow to oven

Stove works fine, in two years we've never used the oven, and the one time we attempt to use it, it doesn't work.Suggestions? Not smelling propane when it's on.

philh by Explorer II
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

movable solar panels/built in system?

Anyone have their charging/control system built in, like it would be from the factory, but instead of having your panels roof mounted with cables running through the camper and through holes in the roof, you have the cables loose and have the panels ...

170VAC coming from my Onan generator

It's a 1995 4000 BGE.I posted earlier but wanted to focus in on this problem.I tested the lead coming into the breaker switch and it was a consistent 170 VAC.What should I check next and how?Regulator? Thanks

SHRED by Explorer
  • 42 replies
  • 0 likes

2004 Cat C7 Charging LifePo4 battery bank

I am upgrading my battery bank to a hell of a lot of capacity (Around 1200 amps). I know that if this was a gasser, the alternator will die young if it has to charge the bank. How good is the alternator in the Caterpillar? Will it take sustain maximu...

map40 by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Wiring a boat

I have a small skiff and am trying to keep it simple. I do not want to have to put in a panel I just want to tap into the hot wire that goes to battery from outboard to run a depth finder and maybe a charger for phones. Both will be fused does it mat...

kartsahd by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Any Xantrex Freedom XC 2000 Inverter/Charger Users?

Anyone using the Xantrex Freedom XC 2000 pure sine wave inverter/charger? On paper seems to fill a lot of boxes for only $668 (Amazon). 2x continuous (4000w) surge capability for at least 2 seconds. 80a charger output can be manually derated in 5a...

otrfun by Explorer II
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Norcold Fridge on Propane Question

Hello I have a Norcold fridge model # 306RM8 in my travel trailer. I am boondocking so always running refrigerator in propane mode. From what I have been told, the temperature dial basically just controls the height/intensity of the burner flame as o...

KenS999 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Resealing windows?

We have a 2019 KZ and from what I have read on the internet it may have "dry fit" windows and the seals are leaking on a couple of them.I ordered some butyl tape that is 1/8" thick. The TT has corrugated siding and the gap between the window frame an...

415 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

2005 IOTA power converter

My Greyhawk has a IOTA DLS 30 power converter, original equipment, which is working. Will it work work a GSM battery?Help appreciated.

ccchuck by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Tires

Any feedback on Novello Roadx tires for 2006 Winnebago Voyage. I got a good price of $2200 Cdn all in which I thought was pretty good.