Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Poor design medicine cabinet - anybody upgrade?

In my new to me TT I just bought, it has a medicine cabinet on the bathroom wall. One of those cheap tin things with a mirror door.Never gave it much thought until I opened the thing for the 4th time and had yet another avalanche of stuff all over th...

What sort of sealant is this?

Found on various parts of my trailer where a thick bead is necessary like between the skin and door or the skin and the slide out seal. Here is a pic of the later:Almost feels like a silicone rubber, not your typical ProFlex.Lap Sealant?

daystrom by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Champion 2000 inverter generators

just bought 2 re manufactured units and they work great... no problems sycning etcthe big prob is they go into overload when i try to turn my AC on..i can turn the fan on fine, it just wont even try to start the AC... i know the AC works because i c...

duane124 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Waterless Exterior Cleaning idea (sort of)

Wondering if anyone has tried light exterior cleaning using a swiffer pad on a extended shaft. I'm thinking about trying a swiffer pad made out of that micro fiber cloth for spot and light dirty removal between full washes.With a fully painted base c...

gitane59 by Explorer III
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Help with landing gear replacement!

The driver's side front landing gear will not move under load. Motor runs gears spin. Venture mfg., 2008 28E33SA Titanium by Glendale.I would like to take the whole thing out (tube sections) But I can't figure out how to do that. I unbolted it at 2 l...

eZAK by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

House batteries.

Getting ready for a trip I was checking the batteries and found one split. These are O/E batteries so they are over 6 years old. I'm looking at GC2 group batteries at Sam's Club. Energizer 6 volt golf cart batteries for $84.99. I can't get close ...

How difficult to install fantastic fan?

We are on our 3rd Shurflo Comfort Air fan. All three have developed a squeak. All replaced under warranty and installed by 3 different places (original manufacturer, 2 different dealers). So I am done with their stuff.We had a Fantastic fan in our...

Are any MPPT controllers buck+boost?

Apparently some MPPT controllers can boost voltage up when Vmpp is near or below Vbatt. Or do you just wire the panels serial-parallel to ensure the voltage is always above Vbatt is Vmpp can get close to Vbatt?Jim

HiTech by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Odd sized step

Ugg, everything on my camper seems to be non standard. I need a new single step and the bolt pattern is 24.5"x4". I've searched high and low for one, no luck.

New EU2000i surges at idle

Is that normal for these generators? Mine starts easy, runs great under load, but sure seems to surge a lot at idle. It has less than 10 hrs on it now.I did have one issue once when it would not rev up from eco-mode to pick up the load from fu-fu cof...

Help Identifying Wires Connected to Battery

Hello Everyone,I just took ownership of a new Jayco Whitehawk 31DSLB and was a little confused looking at all of the wires connected to the battery. I'd like to clean this wiring up plus I have plans to add a few batteries and possibly inverter/sola...

BigFly10 by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Rewiring battery bank to charger/inverter, couple of ?'s

I have 4 x T125 Trojans that I plan to move to a toolbox on the tongue of the trailer. I'm going to run 4AWG stranded for the 15 foot run to the charger/inverter (middle of the trailer), same for the solar controller at the rear. My question is, shou...

phemens by Explorer
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes