Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

battery hookups

can two 6 volt batteries be connected to two 12 volt batteries in order to increase the battery bank? the reason i ask is because i already have two 12 volt batteries but am thinking of getting two six volt also

sign_man by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Batteries for adult toy.

I've set up my boat for 2 batteries, one for starting and one for running the anchor light and radio when not underway. Since you are battery geniuses I thought I ask for opinions.It's time for new batteries so I'm wondering what would be better ove...

Vintage Winnabago Parts?

hi allI have a 1993 Winnabago Brave, Chevy chassis. I have been trying to find the twist-in bulb holders (3 total) that hold the dashboard warning/indicator lights for the high beam headlights, battery warning light, and what appears to be door ajar ...

Alternator Load Dump

I have a pushbutton/lever type of 140 amp circuit breaker on my 120 amps alternator to house battery feed. Not Bussman or Bluseas brand = Mistake.After less than 5 minutes of 70 to 90 amps of total current flow as I drove, I turned on my blower ...

Need help diagnosing roof A/C

On Edit: Problem successfully diagnosed, last post here.My roof air Conditioner / Heat Pump does not cool or heat. It is a three year old TT with a Dometic low profile Penguin II High Output 15K BTU with heat pump. Model number 651816C851J0. The...

2_many_2 by Explorer III
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

GOT the odor of gas smell.

I was messing with my camper this week before it turned cold again. I opened one propane tank and I can smell the odor of it. You know the smells like rotten eggs smell.I turned everything off right away.BUT do you or have you, know of a good starti...

byrdr1 by Explorer
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

Trailer Shocks: when to replace?

My Outdoors RV Timber Ridge 240RKScame with no-name shock absorbers, 4 on a pair of 5200# axles.It's time for new tires after ~33K miles and I'm wondering if I should also have them replace the shocks.:hHow do you test a trailer shock? Can't exactly...

brulaz by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Atwood water heater igniter, constant?

So this is my first auto-piezo-igniter water heater. When I initially turn on the igniter, it clicks real fast. Both after the pilot is lit and the burner is on, it continues to ignite (click) at half time. Here is a video, it starts out with the pil...

pcoplin by Explorer II
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Sorting out elec wires

http://forums.woodalls.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/28923707.cfmIn above link I asked about my 30 amp elec connection about 6 months ago. After reading the responses I put some gorilla glue where it was separating. Well, it’s beginning to f...

path1 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Cryptic message from Mexico

A couple of folks here have some parts, probably LED's, battery chargers or some such coming from Mexico, via San Diego. If you are one of those folks, send Mex an email for more details. It seems there was some kind of accident down in San Diego wi...

5TH Wheel Landing Gear Problem --- Need Help

Picked up my big 2009 Grand Junction 5ver from the desert winter storage yard today. Unlocked the raise/lower flap door to press the rocker switch up to raise the rig a bit for hookup to truck. The rod that spins (that you could put a hand crank on i...

LP gas connections

I just bought a 8000/10000 Watt LP generator. I'd like to add an LP Changeover valve but the generator has a built-in regulator and removing it would void the warranty.Are there any single stage (100 Psig) auto changeover valves or one with an adjust...

Trojan hydrolink

Was looking for a watering system for 6 volt batteries. I like the hydrolink system by Trojan,but I need it to fit Duracell batteries as mine are less then a year old. I called Trojan and Duracell and was not convince that the system would work. My h...

GTO66 by Explorer II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

hornet screens

Any opinions on the screens made for dometic refrigerators to keep insects out? I've heard a few folks say they had issues with their frig overheating with the screen in place. Comments?