Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Class C wiring question

I have a 2006 Gulfstream BTCruiser - 30' Class C.In the outside storage compartment under the dinette table area, there is a 110 receptacle. I ran a power strip plug (through the floor under the dinette) to power a computer, table lamp, router, etc. ...

Lighting design question

Hi everyone!I'm building my camper van on a Ford E250 extended platform with high top.I've never done this before and I don't have much experience camping, so I need opinions and advice from you experienced guys.Here's two plans I drew up of the floo...

evy by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Furnace blew a fuse

Haven't used the furnace (Suburban SF-25) in my rig for a while. Turned it on yesterday at the thermostat and very quickly heard the 15amp fuse snap. Rather than try another fuse, I removed the cover on the outside of the rig to take a look. Reached ...

Mirror Mirror On The Windshield...

Toad issue...The car has side mirrors. But city driving Mexicans will ignore you in the right lane and go onto the sidewalk in order to beat you to the light.I can see somewhat out of the rear side mirrors if I tweak the mirror or my neck. At age 70,...

Suburban Furnace Problem

My furnace in not working right.It will work 2 or 3 times fine.Then it comes on sail switch clicks blows hot air during that cycle I hear the sail switch click 2 times the furnace shuts down and will not come back on at preset temp.I have to shut on ...

Atwood 8500-IV furnace problem

Need a little help. We have a 2005 National Sea Breeze LX with an Atwood Hydro Flame 8500-IV series furnace. The furnace has been causing us problems for some time and hoping someone can offer some help in finding the problem.When the furnace is tu...

Need help regarding solar installation..

I am going to mount four solar panels onto the roof of our Rockwood 2607. I am looking for the best sealer to use for the mounting brackets. Any other advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

CapeM1 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

One more generator question.

I have one more generator question then I'll shut up about what to buy.I had asked before about purchasing an inverter generator, and I already have an champion 3500/4000 open frame that camping world sells. My question, will the non inverter generat...

rving4us by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Fuses/Breakers

Looking to add fuses/breakers on my setup:Batteries: 2x6 volt T-105Solar: 2x100 watts, 30 amp PWM controller, #10 AWG wire panel to controller, #10 AWG to battery.Inverter: 1000 watt PSW, #4 AWG to battery.What are your thoughts for fuse/breaker size...

Byrogie by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Propane leak?

I think I have a propane leak. I have a '16 Montana 3710FL. It has two 30# / 7gal tanks but after about 3-4 days a tank is empty. The furnace runs on propane as well as the stove when used. The fridge ran on it for about 12hrs but electricity since t...

Travel trailer slide motor wiring question

Hello all2004 Cardinal (Forest River) travel trailer with 1 slide out. When connected to shore power (120V AC), does the slide room motor circuit run through the 12V house battery? Does the 12V house battery need to be installed to operate the slide?...

chassis by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Water Supply Valve 2002 Monaco Diplomat

Monaco installed a two way water valve; turn one way supplied water to coach - turn other way filled fresh water holding tank. It started leaking water into fresh water tank when it was supplying water to coach and over filling it. It was a SWAN an...