Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Considering new 2016 Big Foot 25C9.4 for short bed

Does anyone have a newer Big Foot 25C9.4SB? I haven't seen one in person but right now I think it's what I want, but it's a long drive to see one at a dealer in Colorado. There are some things I would miss from our Alpenlite, such as the jalousy wind...

Ram 3.0 diesel cheaper to own

Not a very informative article but it is interesting that a the diesel version is cheaper to own than the gasser.http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2016/12/ram-1500-dominates-cost-of-ownership-diesel-analysis.html

TV Tires..Rough riding

This year I had to buy a TV to replace a totaled truck. The totaled truck was a 2002 F-250 that had Les Schwab Wild Country tires on it.. The truck rode smooth and road noise was minimal.. the replacement truck is a 2006 F-250 that came with relativ...

DD716TED by Explorer
  • 47 replies
  • 0 likes

LT265 vs LT275

What would the pros and cons be to changing my tire size on my 2013 GMC 2500HD diesel from an LT265/70R18 to an LT275/70R18? I'm looking at doing this due to cost only. I can get a very good price on the LT275 Goodyear tire. I know it will change my ...

jstaffon by Explorer
  • 32 replies
  • 0 likes

Diesel Tuner

I am in search of info or reviews on a tuner for my 2015 Ram 2500 6.7, I do not want a hot rod just more efficient when towing. I live in California and do have an extended warranty so with that in mind any information will be appreciated. ThanksTurl...

Diesel Batteries---$150-$200 . . . X2---ouch!!

Yes, I was aware my truck had two batteries when I bought it, but honestly, never gave it much thought at the time. Kinda just made a mental note about the $100-$150 fuel filters, larger E-rated tires, and the 3-4 quarts of extra oil. While helpin...

otrfun by Explorer II
  • 78 replies
  • 0 likes

Cover

Craigslist find-brand new Adco cover for a class C motorhome the same length as my travel trailer. I'm pretty confident this would fit well...any thoughts?Only asking $75, so I think I want to jump on it.

Cave Campers

Not sure if this has been raised here before but here is a company selling very basic and light truck Campers:Cave Truck Campers

brholt by Explorer II
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

I have an Outfitter Apex 8 and a black tank problem

We bought a used 2011 Apex 8 LB and have it on our 2015 Dodge Ram 3500 crew cab long bed truck.Our problem is this. When the black tank gets fullish (it doesn't appear full looking into the tank from the toilet) it leaks and drips out from under the ...

KatheK by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

'13 Ram 2500 - how much lift and pull 5th wheel?

I'm looking to level or slightly lift my 2013 Ram 2500, and I plan to trade my current TT for a 5th wheel fairly soon. I'm not looking for a big lift at all, but between that and (slightly) larger tires, it might raise the top edge of the bed a coupl...

rctoyguy by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Overwhelmingly BIO-diesel in Portland, Oregon

We're now in Portland, Oregon, having spent the past few days in Bend, Oregon. One thing I have really, really noticed here is the difficulty in finding PURE DIESEL. Just be aware that most stations that carry Diesel here will be a mixture of betwe...

Furnace problems

yesterday my propane ran out so i went and refilled it and got evrything turned back on and now the fan will run and the furnace will ignite and heat starts running for about 10 secs and then shuts off. i reset the thermostat by turning it off and ba...

GM 4.8 V8, 2500 series van

Will the 4.8 Chevrolet V-8 engine in the 2500 series vans pull a travel trailer OK? Of Gross Weight rating is over 8000 lbs on most of the vans I have seen but, a 4.8 seems a bit small for the job.

Internet Buying Service

At one time these were popular-services that located a vehicle to your specs for the lowest price regardless of location.My local credit union didn't know anything about them.Are they still around?Anyone used one lately they can recommend?Thanks,Mike

Fasteners for solor panels

What type of fasteners should I use to attach two solar panels to the roof of an Eagle Cap truck camper? Each one has a bracket at each corner. They will be mounted one behind the other starting at the left front corner of the roof panel,just behind...