Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Converter replacement

HiMy old converter is giving up the ghost...it stopped charging awhile ago and I added a simple car charger to charge the battery. Now it is having an issue switching over to 12v when the 110v is disconnected. I'm told its time to replace it and have...

lajefz by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Stains on ceiling

We have a 2013 cottage 40cck. On the ceiling where the ceiling panels are glued to the joists there are dark stains from one end to the other.the stains are very consistent and even. To me it seems like the glue that was used to adhere the ceiling pa...

Piper_63 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

just found out

Howdy. So in reviewing the manual for the Atwood propane water heater model on our 2016 rig I founds out that it is an electric model as well but the electric switch on the DSI panel in the trailer is blocked by a plate. There is no switch in the w...

nephi007 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Common issues with Dodge 6.7L or Ford 6.7

Hoping to solicit some of the collective advice from the gurus on the forum about a new truck purchase. I've been lucky to own a few great trucks: 2001 7.3 powerstroke, a 2007 LBZ duramax, and just sold a 2003 cummins 5.9. All were great vehicles ...

kincade by Explorer
  • 87 replies
  • 0 likes

Tire Blowout

This past weekend we had two tires blowout on our way back from the Outer Banks. The same thing happened two years ago and at that time I replaced all 4 tires. So these on this trip were only two years old. I keep the psi right under the max of 50...

vacane by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

TFL Titan gas verse diesel

Tried to copy and paste but it would not work.... Hopefully somebody will be able to do that. Anyway worth the watch if your looking at one of those trucks.... Looks like the gas version did better then expected.

kw_00 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

WDH - how much does it reduce tongue weight?

We've been told that a good load distribution hitch will redistribute as much as 30% of the tongue weight. The vehicle we want can tow 7500# but is limited to a tongue weight of 600#. If what we were told is true, that would reduce our tongue weigh...

Snowbirding with a popup

Has anyone used their popup in the southern states during the winter months (Feb-March)? If so, what have been your experiences? Your input is appreciated.Thanks

rvnetter by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Our first hybrid

We just bought out first ever hybrid travel trailer. A Jayco X23B. I want to know who, if any, have experience with this particular trailer and if you like it or not. Let the flaming begin, LOL.

Gruu by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Tire pressure

I have a question. Going on a 500 mile trip tomorrow, leaving about 4am. Since it will be hot, is it a good idea to stop after 2 or 3 hours and check tire pressure / bleeding air off if necessary? I'll be starting ou at the recommended tire pressure...

Shock absorber tie downs?

Concerned about lots of sway with new shock absorber style tie downs. Wondering if this normal? Any ideas, pros and cons vs. old turnbuckle style? Thinking of going back to the old ones. Thanks!

Mike_101 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes