Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Good Grief a tire question

Howdy,Boy I hate to ask this......................I had a blow out on a 225.75R. 15 tire. The tire was but a year old, oh well. I was only able to get a load E tire. my regular tires inflate to 65 lbs the E can be at 80. I had Campers world put the...

tomman58 by Explorer
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes

Dicor

Went to Camping World to pick up some Dicor to touch up roof seams, and they said they were no longer carrying it, but were using a new product instead. Have others changed products?

Leveling jacks

I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on buying our next TT. Many that we've looked at had electric jacks to level the trailer however the one we have decided on does not. That is a feature that I really like but I've been told that it's extremely...

IBcarguy by Explorer
  • 34 replies
  • 0 likes

Oil Sending Switch

Took our 2004 Silverado 1500 to the dealer for an oil change this morning. Late this afternoon DH noticed that the oil pressure gage was buried in the high side. The truck was running fine though. turned off the engine and all gauges except oil we...

Basic XL Super Duty Question

Does anyone know when they went with adjustable front seats on the XL Super Duty? I had a 99 F350 and the seat was a basic bench with a fixed back. I know that they have gone to a split bench, even a 40/20/40, but I am having a hard time figuring ou...

jerem0621 by Explorer II
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

TR: A weekend in Californias Gold Country

Yes it's another one of those working couple lets get out of Dodge weekends. Neither of us could remember the last just the two of us with no agenda weekender that we took so We figured it was time. I checked all the usual suspects and of course no...

Buzzcut1 by Nomad II
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

Hoppy 7 to 6 adapter

Just a heads up a bought a Hoppy 7 to 6 adapter and it was wired wrong.They had the charge wire and the brake wire reversed. AS soon as you plugged it in the brakes would engage. Took it apart and reversed the wires and it works fine now.Just trying ...

New TV, made lemonade out of lemons...

So the 2006 Jeep Commander that had been our tow vehicle is finally on the downward repair spiral. We had been using it for the past two years (finding out on here that it was marginal or really not good at all for our TT *after* we bought it). We ...

JoeTampa by Explorer
  • 36 replies
  • 0 likes

Are slides safe to use in the closed position?

We are looking for a double bunk travel trailer with a dinette and sofa in the slide.We would like to be able to use it closed while stopped. We have two boys that will be jumping on everything and people have posted that slides can be damaged in ...

A390GT by Explorer
  • 65 replies
  • 0 likes

Question on accessing underside of TT?

I have a Jayco TT and am repairing damage from a water leak. I need to access the underside of the camper to remove any wet insulation. The underside is enclosed with corrugated plastic. How difficult is this to remove and get to the wet insulation...

2011 Suburban 1500 with tow package

I've been looking through the forums, just because I hate asking the same quesiton someone else already has. But here we go, last year we took our 11 burb from florida to yosemite and back (we have a 2008 freedom lite trailer which has a slide out q...

jenjen77 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Another Hitch Set Up Question

I've read most everything regarding setting up a WDH and think I have a pretty good handle on the concepts. However, on my setup I have the hitch ball angle tilted back a good bit(6 washers), I crank the bars (#1,000) so they are level with the grou...

Dual Axle TT - ST Axle and LT Axle

Almost impossible to get ST tires in Mexico. I need two for one axle for a Christmas trip. Can I have ST on one axle and LT on another? If so, should they go front or back axle? Thanks in advance, I know this is a controversial subject.

Removing sticky threads from display

Hi all,Respectfully. Is there a way to remove the sticky threads from view. I find them taking up the first third of the page like having to eat all the green beans before I can dig into a medium rare porterhouse!Thanks,Gerrit

Dry weight vs. ready to go weight.

For the newbies who are TT hunting this may be of some use.The dry weight on my 25 ft. Dutchman is listed at 5004 lbs. Tongue weight is said to be 462 lbs. (about 9%)Twice I weighed my rig with and without the TT before a trip. The first trip was l...

rbpru by Explorer II
  • 33 replies
  • 0 likes