Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Cleaning fresh water tank after winter.

Anyone have any suggestions on cleaning the fresh water tank? I would like to do that as part of my de-winterizing but have found very little info. I remember reading somewhere about using bleach but won't that degrade the tank over time? Anyone care...

Spappy by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

2006-2007 Chevy/GMC Duramax purchase questions

I am shopping for a used TV. I have in mind to purchase a 2006-07 Chevy or GMC Duramax 2500HD, crew cab, 4WD, short bed, looking for stock, not lifted, not chipped, and so on. We tow a 28' TT which will weigh approximately 7500# loaded ready to cam...

crcr by Explorer
  • 47 replies
  • 0 likes

looking at a different truck

I'm looking to downsize the fleet a bit from 3 truck to one all purpose truck. Right now I have the Chevy dually for towing the camper. It gets about 5mpg. Have a very rust old ford that is on its last leg for a wood hauler beater. It really needs to...

Goostoff by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Avion Black & Grey Tank

I am going to mount this Avion on my Freightliner, But look where my black tank drain is. I am missing the bottom cap on the rear of my camper. That is about the only thing that was wrong with this camper when I bought it just like you see it so no r...

Water hose quick connect question

Do any of you use the water hose quick connects found at the local home improvement stores. Looks like this -->clicky They look awfully handy, they also look like they may leak around the coupling? Feedback from any of you that use them would be appr...

time for new TV

After a slew of issues with my 09 F250 PSD we have decided its time to trade it. We are probably going to go with the Chevy silverado but are torn as to what to get..... the old wallet vs desire debate. I am in love with the Duramax and it's exhaus...

anaro by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Siding Recomendation ?

I have a hand-built truck camper I purchased from the builder. It is built very well, but he ran out of money and time when he got to the exterior. There is Luan on the outside now, painted. I need to put something over it, or replace all of it. I do...

Shortbus by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

caulk/sealant questions

Hello to all! Hoping to get up on the roof to inspect things as soon as we get a thaw. TT is a 2013 and we have had it less than a year and have sealed nothing yet.I have many questions regarding type/application of caulk and I'm hoping I understand ...

tbred by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Homemade chocks

I know in the past some of you have posted pictures of your homemade chocks. Basically where you've taken a 2x4 and cut it to the angle of the tire and have a rod down the center. Can you please post a picture of this homemade chock? How did you g...

World friendship converter

I have a WF8955AN WPL 55 amp converter in my ROO. Does anyone know what that would convert to in watts? Trying to figure for insurance which would have an effect on the worth of the rig.I don't want to under insure but neither do I want to over insur...

llowllms by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

'10 2500 Suburban towing thoughts

Well, thanks to the oil fields of west Texas, it looks like we are about to be able to downsize our rig to a more manageable TT. The 5er was way to big for our needs anymore since we aren't full-timing in it. Anyway, we had bought a 3/4 ton Suburban ...

Perfect sized recliners to replace the sofa!

I finally think I found the perfect recliners. They are wallaway, so only need 2 inches of clearance. I have 70" from side to side and 36 inches depth for the new chairs. I think they will be perfect for us. I'm very small and the husband is only 5'8...

HeyJude by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes