Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Used diesel, anyway to tell if it's been chipped?

So, I've started the process of looking for a new truck to replace the Suburban. The mighty Burb only had 186k on the clock and the 8.1 still runs strong, but we sold the TT a few weeks ago and am now working on restoring a Lance 811 Truck Camper. ...

BurbMan by Explorer II
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

Building own travel trailer legality?

I have always liked traveling, and by that I mean by road because of the immense freedom to go almost absolutely anywhere on a dime and do so in an rv. One thing I have never had though is the time and money. Well I now have the time but still not th...

Too far off level?

Took the trailer to the in-laws for a day and parked it in their drive, there is a little slope and I’m maxed out on height from my jack boards. I have a 4ft level that shows I’m 1/8-1/4 bubble high back to front, is that too far off for the fridg...

DinTulsa by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

New travel trailer check list

Picking up a new travel trailer. The dealer allows a "sleep over" to find any problems, then hopefully fix them the next day before hitting the road. Does anyone have, or knows a link to a check list / inspection sheet as to what I should look for?...

Tow Vehicle Advice For Newbie

Hi All!I've been browsing through the forums for awhile and decided to finally join up and post. I am hoping to get some feedback on two tow vehicles that I have my eye on. I am new to travel trailers and towing in general. We are a young family and ...

Warranty

Does installing lift kits or skid wheels affect the warranty of the RV trailer or toy hauler?

If you have a Diesel HD truck - Code reader

I'm looking for a code reader that reads diesel codes. If you have a diesel truck and a code reader that works; and you like it; how about letting us know which one it is. If you do not have direct knowledge on one that works on diesel pickups please...

agesilaus by Explorer III
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Solid steps

We just tried to install solid steps to replace regular steps. Everything went great. Until we tried to shut door. Hubby grinded small lip off. Which we saw done on YouTube. Still won't shut. Has about a 1/4 inch gap. Anyone installed these st...

Thermometer for fridge?

I am looking for a way to ensure that my refrigerator is maintaining a safe temperature. It seems as though it randomly freezes beverages. Has anyone seen or used a thermometer that has an indication of the highest temperature it's seen? I'm think...