Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Is this delamination? Something else?

I've been looking for a solid trailer to put in my backyard for a family member who is handicapped and wants her own place. Our rents here are sky high and she's on disability so renting a studio apartment is hopeless.I found this trailer on Craigsli...

jimx200 by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Well it is made of Carbonfibre

This is an Off Road Caravan built of Carbonfibre, the company has many other Caravans built of composites From the manufacturer blurb on the CaravanExperience Australia’s first full bodied light-weight carbon fibre caravan, hosting some of the worlds...

Converted to Lithium-Ion be careful.

I know a few people have converted. This article although not truck camper specific warns of the dangers of unsupervised Lithium-Ion charging.https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/Conception-boat-fire-Coast-Guard-warns-mariners-14432894.php

jimh406 by Explorer III
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

AC/ Stabilizers/ F.Cap wax - need your thoughts

Hey all, starting my end of season maintenance. I can't afford my AC to fail while away, we camp in the Carolinas in the summer. Thinking of replacing it even though the current one is still working. Would upgrading to 15000 BTU from 13500 be worth i...

OBX-GL by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

How do you really judge TV adequacy anymore?

I've spent a lot of time looking at the ever-changing capabilities of pick-ups, and a separate thread earlier today really go me thinking about the uselessness of truck categories. The 1/2, 3/4 and 1-ton badges simply don't mean what they once did. ...

Aliner Expedition Power Lift Question

I recently bought an Aliner Expedition and can now see one potential problem. What happens if I am back in the boondocks and for one reason or another the power-lift doesn't work? Is there a way to get the top up/down without it? Would it be a goo...

saguaro by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

salvage dealers

Have an older Snowriver truck camper that is heavily damaged and do not want to do the Craiglist thing or try to sell privately. Has anyone ever used an RV salvage dealer they would recommend or real world experience you could share.

dalej by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

My DC Compressor Fridge conversion in progress

I'd though I'd share my experience swapping out my refer. The camper is an AF 992 with a norcold N621 fridge. The fridge worked good while parked, with good fans and shrouds I could manage 36-38 in the fridge until about 101*. Going down the road ...

toddb by Explorer
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

2017 Ram 2500- Airbag Question

I have a 2017 ram 2500 with coil springs and im going to put airbags on it. Les schwab said they have air bags that go right in the middle of the coil spring and I have also seen pictures of air bags installed between the tire and coil spring. Is the...

kirkl by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Need a door handle

My other thread is about needing an a/c shroud, now I know I need something else -- a door handle for a 1979 Road Ranger by Kit Manufacturing, 18ft TT. The outside part is like a regular door handle knob and the inside handle is a latch type. Would I...

Diesel Insights: Towing in the race tune

This is a great video the guys over at Duramax tuner (aka Calibrated Power Solutions) talking about towing with the high 500 RWHP tunes on modern diesels trucks. Personally, I don't like to tow anything over 7K in my 500+ RWHP tune even though I pro...

Ecoboost vs. V8 - Can you explain?

I'm nowhere near being a gearhead, and I can't seem to wrap my mind around how the Ecoboost outperforms the V8 in towing. I understand the fuel economy issue, but how is it that the V6 can actually have a higher tow rating than the V8? Can anyone e...