Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Which models of TTs have more beds?

I am looking for TTs in the 26 foot range. Most of the ones I am finding for sale have only one main bed and make down couch. In the past, I have seen some models of TTs that have more beds in them. I guess the difference would be TT that designed...

New Tires For Tow Vehicle...

I've got a 2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn 5.7 3.73 and pulling a 26' camper that's around 7,700 - 8,000 lbs. I still have the original tires on it with less than 19,000 miles on them.I'm interested in replacing the TV tires and am looking for suggestions.

hemi longevity

I towed with diesels in the past and now with a 5.7 Hemi. Since I downsized to a 30 ft 8500 lb loaded weight 5 wh, I couldn't justify the up front cost and added operational cost of a diesel. So far, we pulled our trailer from Pa to Ca to TX, Fl and...

Roof Seal failing

My step-father bought us a 2001 Coleman Niagara a couple of years ago. We haven't used it much because camping with an infant then 2 year old just didn't seem like our idea of fun. Now that she is 3 and can follow direction on occasion we are start...

Robmoo by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

TC back to back propane tank question

We are out for the first time with the new TC and had to fill one of the propane tanks and found it to be a bit of a PITA on the mammoth with the tanks back to back rather than side to side which is how all our other trailers were where you never had...

Tahoe vs Yukon Denali

We have a 23 ft Jayco Jayfeather dry weight #4100. Current TV is our Honda Pilot touring which lags a little on steep hills but transmission stays nice and cool. Looking for a larger SUV for and am comparing Chevy Tahoe vs Yukon Denali. I've got a fa...

mattress sugestions

My Lance has two twin mattresses that are lumpy and very uncomfortable , now Im goin out tomorrow to look for a foam or gel type or a combination of the two before our trip to the beach. Any suggestions? Thanks

mattyj by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Wheel hubs running hot

I have repacked the bearings on our TT before our last trip (200 miles one way) and noticed when we got back that passenger side hubs were rather warn. Driver side - cool as a cucumber. I pulled the wheels off, cleaned everything again, repacked, res...

crazyro by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Switch to vertical propane tanks

Anybody switch to regular 20 pound vertical tanks from the horizontal ones?My Lance 915 uses the horizontal tanks which are something of a pain to get in and out to fill and pretty expensive to replace. And I've got one that needs replaced....Was thi...

Expedition tow vehicle

Hi all. We are looking to buy our first travel trailer. Our tow vehicle is a 2013 Ford Expedition with the tow package. Up to 9200 pounds. We are looking at a travel trailer with a dry weight of 6400 pounds and a gross weight of 8500 pounds. Our sale...

Dmich91 by Explorer
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

Weight dist. hitch---How much Hassel?

Been researching TT vs class C. For the sake of argument lets assume if I buy a trailer I will install an EQUALIZER 4 point hitch. Lets further assume that as I drive across America I will want to unhitch the truck every 3rd overnight stop at a cam...

tcmaybee by Explorer
  • 44 replies
  • 0 likes

1971 Boler-Scamp 13'

I saw an ad for a 1971 Boler-Scamp that is partially rebuilt but I am finding it hard to get any real info on the thing. Does anyone here own one that might be able to answer questions for me.

5th wheel hitches

So now my second post. What about 5th wheel hitches. I saw a YouTube Video of the Reese sidewinder air ride unit and it looked awesome. I have a ford f350 with a 6.5' bed. now this hitch aint cheep, so my question is, is it worth it? I will be pullin...

Licreek by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Advice on Camper Construction

I am looking at getting a TC for the family. I want something that will last. I don't mind working on stuff as I have remodelled my house so projects are a big deal. I don't have a garage to store it but if what I buy isn't too tall I have a carport....