Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Rear camera

We have a 2013 Winnebago, Journey 40U. 21 K miles. Full timing for 4 yrs.We are experiencing a intermittent problem with the rear camera.Some mornings when we start, the rear camera says. "No Video Detected".Right and left cameras work fine. After a...

A/C "Exercise"

We are fulltimers, generally parked in moderate temperatures year round. We do not care for A/C. If the temp inside our rig gets above 90F, we MIGHT use it. That could occur but 2-3 times a year. Hence my question:Does an A/C require regular use to...

noplace2 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Screwed!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310401138481Far better than rounding out morphidite screw heads.Edited to make link clickableAdmin

Refrigerator Problems At High Altitude

When we camp at high elevations our refrigerator does not work on propane. The manual does say that elevation can cause problems on propane and recommends using electric at those elevations. But of course, the best campsites in the mountains don't c...

HWH levellers

Prepping my Winnebago for Myrtle beach and I can't get the HWH levellers to go down. The lights on the control box look fine. I am in the process of cleaning all the eleectrical contacts. i put a new battery in the coach. When I move the front and re...

fuzzbutt by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Suburban SW6D Ignition Issue?

I recently went on an extended trip covering 3500 road miles with several 3-4 night stops along the way. at the first stop the water heater worked perfectly, at the second stop it worked perfectly until day three. As I was showering I heard what soun...

Anybody using Micro Inverters on their solar?

Getting ready to install solar on the top of the Discovery. Doing lots of boondocking so I need the solar. Wow, prices droping like a rock! Supplier out here now offering (for 3 days) Suntech 275 watt high voltage panels for .69/watt.Problem is, I'd ...

mchero by Explorer
  • 32 replies
  • 0 likes

Automatic Satellite finding a Satellite but no signal

Hi There!I have a KVH TracVision S2 automatic satellite dish.I have DirecTV.I did download the user manual from KVH and I have been using that.It is an older unit I bought used.I was able to get it to work, went camping it did not.Got home, it worked...

zuterbru by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Suburban H2O Heater

Subject: approx 10 year old 10 gal gas/elec water heater.Has worked fine up til now. After operating on electric for a week tried to switch to gas. Switch works fine; solenoids and igniter also check OK. Igniter starts, gas flows, and lights. When ig...

Norcold Ice Maker replacement

I determined that my Norcold Ice Maker was going to have to be replaced. Shpping on the internet I found prices ranging from $175 to $200. Example After further research I determined that a Whirlpool-4317943-Ice-Maker-Replacement-Kit was identical. I...

Electrical issue of some sort

I took my Grand Design Reflection 5vr in for a quick repair last month (plastic insert inside the Cargo area replacement on drivers side). Of course we are packing up and getting ready to leave town to go camping this Thursday and now I noticed that...

gillman by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

one leveling jack retracts

I have a 13 Bounder with Power Level auto level systemAfter about a day the right rear jack retracts just off the ground. There is no external leak.Is the pressure held at the power head unit or at the jack and is the check valve replaceable?

NORCOLD 1200 REPAIR.....

We have now joined the NOCOLD party. All systems work as they should; except no cooling, suspect plugged up tubes. Moving on...... I DO NOT want to go to a res fridge, so, I am looking at the various replacement cooling units on the market. Does anyo...